Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

bed rack w/ homemade canvas camper over it?

Old 01-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
bed rack w/ homemade canvas camper over it?

Eventually i want to make a bed rack for my truck and i was thinking about how i could make it into a camper shell as well. Has anyone on here either made or bought a bed rack and bought some canvas and used grommets or something to hold the canvas on tightly? just tossing the idea around. what do you guys think? good or bad idea?
Old 01-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
BAZZMAZZA has a spectacular aura aboutBAZZMAZZA has a spectacular aura aboutBAZZMAZZA has a spectacular aura about

Navy:
BAZZMAZZA's Tacoma Gallery
I have an ALL-Pro bedrack I recently installed. I looked around here in VA beach for some custom work and it is available at certain marine shops that make custom boatcovers. When I have some more time I want get an estimate. Not sure if you have the resources in your area but this may be an option for you.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
A local buddy built something kinda like what you're talking about for his 1st Gen 4Runner. I'm sure the same approach would work for a bedrack and canvas cover.

He built the bows and sowed the canvas himself so it can be done.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAZZMAZZA View Post
I have an ALL-Pro bedrack I recently installed. I looked around here in VA beach for some custom work and it is available at certain marine shops that make custom boatcovers. When I have some more time I want get an estimate. Not sure if you have the resources in your area but this may be an option for you.
yeah thats basically what im talking about. that sounds like a good option
Edit: are you refering to marine canvas? if so that looks like a really good option
Old 01-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
A local buddy built something kinda like what you're talking about for his 1st Gen 4Runner. I'm sure the same approach would work for a bedrack and canvas cover.

He built the bows and sowed the canvas himself so it can be done.

sweet! yeah thats what i was talking about. that looks really good. any idea where i could get black canvas?
Old 01-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #8
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
This guy is selling just the frame to a can back soft topper.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/2806371708.html