tire size help!!

Old 01-24-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
northtacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Rian
northtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
tire size help!!

i just purchased 265/75r16
they look great hancock at ft10
but they rub just a little man what a bummer the tire shop said they would exchange them is there anything i can do? or do i need to quit thinking that my truck is lifted and get the 265/70's put back on and be thankful the tire guy is being cool.
any other advice about tires in relation to my 04 trd stock tacoma would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Old 01-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
The rear part of the front fender when I turn about 80 degrees
Old 01-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
do you still have your mud flaps on? is this the area you're referring too? if it is, try taking them off. are your front springs sagging?
Old 01-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
no i just had the spings replaced, and there are no mud flaps on the front
Old 01-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
i guess those tires run a little taller and/or wider than other brands. your only solution is to downsize as you mentioned or get some billy 5100s upfront to add a mild lift which will give you the clearance.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by northtacoma View Post
The rear part of the front fender when I turn about 80 degrees
If its just the plastic wheel well .... Take a sharp blade to the lump of plastic that's rubbing and trim it. Nobody will even know/notice it!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #8
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
weird, that's the stock size. they shouldn't be rubbing.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #9
is my off roadng going to be affected by the smaller tire size i haven't run he new tires off road but am curious as to the pros and cons
thanks
Old 01-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #10
ethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 314MXG
Name: ethan
ethanfoy's Tacoma Gallery
dont worry my 265/75/16 good year wrangler td's rub to just cut the plastic in the back it will end up rubbing a hole in the plastic. mine did