Name: raylee
96yoter's Tacoma Gallery
rear locker and front locker

How hard is it to install a locker?
How much will it cost (approx)
Is it worth it?
Old 01-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Read this thread

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...king-hubs.html
Old 01-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96yoter View Post
How hard is it to install a locker?
How much will it cost (approx)
Is it worth it?
Over 1500 bucks and worth if you need the traction.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
how hard? if you aren't mechanically inclined, i wouldn't do it. you also need the right tools. if you screw it up you can do some serious damage.

how much? seems to depend on labor rates wherever you live. iirc, i paid $400 per axle. that could be alot or a little, depending.

is it worth it? what exactly does that mean? worth it compared to what?

if you offroad, in my opinion, hell yes it's worth it. you will be able to go places you never, ever dreamed of going before with open diffs or lsd's. all you have to do is wheel a few times with folks with lockers and you'll see what i'm talking about.

i will say this though. sometimes having lockers makes things "too" easy. i used to wheel plenty and sometimes i would purposely keep my lockers off just to challenge myself a little bit. other times, i got in situations where i was damn glad i had them. your experiences will vary.