Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hub Centric or Lug Centric??

Old 01-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
kwright47 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
kwright47's Tacoma Gallery
Hub Centric or Lug Centric??

I have a 1999 Tacoma Prerunner. I am looking for wheel spacers but am unsure if my wheels are hub centric or lug centric. I do that lug centric wheels were mainly on older models but am still interested in hearing feedback from other people.

Thank you!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwright47 View Post
I have a 1999 Tacoma Prerunner. I am looking for wheel spacers but am unsure if my wheels are hub centric or lug centric. I do that lug centric wheels were mainly on older models but am still interested in hearing feedback from other people.

Thank you!
Toyota stock wheels are hub centric and you want hub centric wheel spacers.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty much the only wheels that are Hub Centric, are the Factory Toyota Alloy Wheels. All other wheels are Lug Centric. We carry the SpiderTrax Wheel Spacers that are for Hub Centric wheels. They also work with Lug Centric wheels as well.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/st9504tacospacers.htm
Old 01-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomadude89 View Post
First gens are LUG centric. Second gens are HUB centric.

Don't ask me how I found this out the hard way when I first ordered some HUB centric rims for my '02.
The aftermarket wheels you order may have to be lug centric , but he is asking about the stock wheels, which are hub centric, as Dan confirmed above.