Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Quad Cab door still question

Old 01-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
vdubstreets is on a distinguished road
vdubstreets's Tacoma Gallery
Quad Cab door still question

I had a buddy of mine help me with fixing some rust in the door stills of the rear doors on my quad cab. We cut out the rust and put replacement metal in its place.
What is the reason Toyota put the hole with the plastic cap in the rear door stills on the bottom? is this for moister drainage? Should I cut the holes again?
Old 01-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubstreets View Post
I had a buddy of mine help me with fixing some rust in the door stills of the rear doors on my quad cab. We cut out the rust and put replacement metal in its place.
What is the reason Toyota put the hole with the plastic cap in the rear door stills on the bottom? is this for moister drainage? Should I cut the holes again?

Might be an access for wiring or to reach a screw, doubt it would be a moisture drain or it wouldn't have the plastic cap on it...