Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

loud a** truck

Old 12-02-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
mudjunkie is on a distinguished road

mudjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
loud a** truck

i dont know of you guys remember but i took out the carpet due to a mudding incident well this morning i spilled a large cup of coffee(stupid cup holder broke) any whoo the coffee basicLly ripped up all that black stuff off of the sheet metal mow the truck is even louder than before does anyone have a ny suggestion as to how to quiet it up a bit i was thinking about some extremely large thick floormats or something thanks guys
Old 12-02-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
you can get sound deadening material from car stereo shops, but it's incredibly expensive.

Also look on ebay and see if you can't just get a replacement carpet.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #4
caliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the rough

Name: kyle
caliKxracer's Tacoma Gallery
line x is good

my ENTIRE truck is gutted and caged, so its extremly extremly loud in the cab, I just layed about 42 sqaure feet of dynamat(retail 500+) and ive noticed a decent drop, but since im assuming your truck isnt caged, doing a line x/dynamat combo would work really well.

floor mats arnt going to do anything
Old 12-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #5
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Frost King Duct Insulator, you can get it at Lowes
Old 12-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #7
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
Frost King Duct Insulator, you can get it at Lowes
that's a pretty good idea. i know owens corning sells sound deadening insulation for houses so it'll probably work in vehicles too.

i'd be wary of getting it too wet though, from experience wet insulation is pretty nasty stuff.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:40 PM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I have no carpet or headliner in my truck. I pulled up the padding that was glued to the floor and coated everything with Durabak. Definitely helps!

Old 12-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #9

si it hepled on the sound issue it looks good by the way thats the looki wanted but i also want it to be quiet er
Old 12-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #10
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
It'll never be as quiet as it is with the carpet and padding, but it knocks out the tin metal sound. It's still loud as hell when it rains.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #11

even when i had the carpet it was prety loud i always hated it i just want a quick fix because next year i get my 08 taco
Old 12-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #12

came out pretty good it defiantly helps with the sound issue
Old 12-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #13

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:53 PM   #14
dustinuhls is on a distinguished road

dustinuhls's Tacoma Gallery
You can buy a whole new molded carpet for your truck on ebay for like $100. Not a bad deal for the $. I've never used one, but it's supposed to be custom molded for your model truck.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:28 PM   #15
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
use line x i have it in my old mud truck and it dampens the sound alot
Old 12-15-2008, 11:20 PM   #16
2004Taco will become famous soon enough

2004Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 2004Taco Send a message via Yahoo to 2004Taco
DYNO MAT your cab!!!!!!