Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Totaled my Taco...

Old 02-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
LilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to behold

Coast Guard: Father's USCG
Name: Candice
LilRedYota's Tacoma Gallery
Totaled my Taco...

So get this...Monday, which so happened to be my birthday, i was hit by some guy who ran a red light!!! So far i havent heard anything back from the insurance company about if my taco is totaled for sure but its looking that way. I took pictures and im gonna put them up.
Im so angry. It was/is my first car ever and i love it more than anything. if its wrecked i dont know what im going to do.
It had a winch, a brush guard, off road lights, seat covers, tool box, linex, sidesteps, cb set up, and a 3 inch lift....it was my baby.
I cant help but think the worst and im half wanting to burst into tears and half wanting to punch a wall....

Sorry i just needed to vent....its hurts.
What do yall think? Totaled?

Old 02-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Given it's age and the damage, it looks totaled for sure.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
LilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Given it's age and the damage, it looks totaled for sure.
yea thats what i thought...
thanks for lookin at it.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Looks fixable. Any damage to the doors?
Old 02-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #5

drivers door its crumbled in a bit...i couldnt get it open but about a foot when i was gettin out. i had to squeeze out.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #6
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Ouch. Sorry for your loss. Good luck with the insurance stuff.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #7
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Looks fixable. Any damage to the doors?
It's definitely fixable, assuming there's no frame damage. But from an insurance standpoint, it looks totaled.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #8
bmc52 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
bmc52's Tacoma Gallery
happy late birthday, sorry about your truck. should see if you could get some of those parts off before they take it.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #9
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like it'll be totaled. Sorry for your loss. I know if some idiot ran a redlight and totaled my '05 I'd be fairly upset.

On the bright side, your not injured and insurance will probably get you another truck.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #10

yea....im gonna see if i can get them. actually if the insurance company totals it im gonna see if i can buy it as salvage and take it to a body shop to fix it.....its my baby....yall understand this, yall all got tacos. Its your baby too im sure.

Thanks for the look guys
Old 02-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #11
Dwill817 is a splendid one to beholdDwill817 is a splendid one to beholdDwill817 is a splendid one to beholdDwill817 is a splendid one to beholdDwill817 is a splendid one to beholdDwill817 is a splendid one to beholdDwill817 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Drew
Dwill817's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, I'm sorry.. But look at the bright side, at least your okay.. A truck can be replaced but your life cant! Just take all the aftermarket parts off and get another one!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRedYota View Post
yea....im gonna see if i can get them. actually if the insurance company totals it im gonna see if i can buy it as salvage and take it to a body shop to fix it.....its my baby....yall understand this, yall all got tacos. Its your baby too im sure.

Thanks for the look guys

You'd be better off having insurance help you out getting a new one. With damage like that, it'll never drive the same.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #13
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
that sucks! but at least you seam to be ok and not hurt. witch is good! i don’t think i drove at all this past weekend. lol. my birthday was saturday.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
It looks like it'll be totaled. Sorry for your loss. I know if some idiot ran a redlight and totaled my '05 I'd be fairly upset.

On the bright side, your not injured and insurance will probably get you another truck.
yea true. they had to take me to the hospital and all i could think about was "i hope my truck's ok" not "i hope i didnt break any bones" haha
Old 02-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #15
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
At least you are okay man! It depends if the frame is damaged. The truck is getting old so It is a toss up.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
that sucks! but at least you seam to be ok and not hurt. witch is good! i donít think i drove at all this past weekend. lol. my birthday was saturday.
happy late bday!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:39 PM   #17
Mall Crawler of the Year
TRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
TRDBen's Tacoma Gallery
Its going to be totaled. Take the cash they give you and invest in a newer 1st gen!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDBen View Post
Its going to be totaled. Take the cash they give you and invest in a newer 1st gen!
actually my idea for if they total it is get a sports car and then buy a 1992 yota pick up...something to hunt in. and then use the sports car as a daily driver.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #19
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
happy late bday!
thank you! and same to you!
Quote:
actually my idea for if they total it is get a sports car and then buy a 1992 yota pick up...something to hunt in. and then use the sports car as a daily driver.
sounds like a good idea!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:49 PM   #20
aznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aznutx's Tacoma Gallery
well in the end, all that matters is your fine, that said, sorry about your truck, looks totalled based on age/damage, i remember my first truck and the sentimental value that went with it.