1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FlowMaster 40 Series

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by yota14, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Feb 2, 2012 at 6:05 PM
    yota14

yota14 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Concord, North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    1996.5 Tacoma 4wd 6cyl 5spd
    TRD SuperCharger 6in TrailMaster Diff Drop 3in BLift Flow Master Exhaust Sony Explod Radio Pioneer Speakers Rear & Front 2 JL Audio 10" Subs Apline Amp Toolbox Westin Step Bars Vent Visors
    Hey guys obviously there are so many polls, guides, comments on mufflers. I just wanted to insert my experience/advice on it.

Well I have a 2.7L 1995.5 Tacoma (5 Speed)and it still had the stock exhaust on it. Well It was cold outside the other day so I started her up and went back inside. Well after a few minutes I went back outside to the garage and the floor under my truck was wet from condensation. Well I decided to take a look up under there and my muffler had a hole in it so I took my truck to Muffler Masters (The local muffler shop in Concord) They told me that it would be bout $330 to do new exhaust because my old tail pipes were rusted and they couldn't weld them because they were too far gone. So I told em just do what they had to do. They ended up putting on:
    • Flow Master 40 Series
    • New tailpipes
    • 3" x 16" Dual Chrome Tips

I must say that it sounds bad ass yall! It's definitely is not a Choke Master on my truck. I had one kid ask me if it was a v6 haha . I was like nah just a 4 banger ;p. Well for anyone looking into a new exhaust system the Flow Master 40 Series is definitely a good choice for the 4 bangers. I can't vouch for the v6's though.

I will post some pics this weekend, if not tomorrow, of the new setup. I had tennis practice today so I didn't get around to it.

2. Feb 2, 2012 at 10:40 PM
    TacoMX

TacoMX TW's Official anti body-lift pundit

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    I have a 40 series FM on my 2.7. It sounds pretty good, but after only a couple years the muffler has bulged and the baffles have come loose.

I will be switching over to a magnaflow. Maganflows are proven to flow better because of their straight through design vs. the chambers and baffles of the flowmasters.

Products Discussed in

To Top