Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

FlowMaster 40 Series

Old 02-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
yota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to all
Name: Nathan
yota14's Tacoma Gallery
FlowMaster 40 Series

Hey guys obviously there are so many polls, guides, comments on mufflers. I just wanted to insert my experience/advice on it.

Well I have a 2.7L 1995.5 Tacoma (5 Speed)and it still had the stock exhaust on it. Well It was cold outside the other day so I started her up and went back inside. Well after a few minutes I went back outside to the garage and the floor under my truck was wet from condensation. Well I decided to take a look up under there and my muffler had a hole in it so I took my truck to Muffler Masters (The local muffler shop in Concord) They told me that it would be bout $330 to do new exhaust because my old tail pipes were rusted and they couldn't weld them because they were too far gone. So I told em just do what they had to do. They ended up putting on:
  • Flow Master 40 Series
  • New tailpipes
  • 3" x 16" Dual Chrome Tips

I must say that it sounds bad ass yall! It's definitely is not a Choke Master on my truck. I had one kid ask me if it was a v6 haha . I was like nah just a 4 banger ;p. Well for anyone looking into a new exhaust system the Flow Master 40 Series is definitely a good choice for the 4 bangers. I can't vouch for the v6's though.

I will post some pics this weekend, if not tomorrow, of the new setup. I had tennis practice today so I didn't get around to it.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #2
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 40 series FM on my 2.7. It sounds pretty good, but after only a couple years the muffler has bulged and the baffles have come loose.

I will be switching over to a magnaflow. Maganflows are proven to flow better because of their straight through design vs. the chambers and baffles of the flowmasters.