Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Black Grill and Black Headlights. Any recommedations?

Old 02-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
yoTaco98 is on a distinguished road
Name: Yos
yoTaco98's Tacoma Gallery
Black Grill and Black Headlights. Any recommedations?

Gentlemen,

The chrome sticker on my "chrome" grill is flaking and chipping off. I'd like to replace it with an all black OEM style grill?

My head lamps are yellowed out from the 13 years on my 1998. Rather than have them sanded and restored, I was thinking about replacing them with new head lamps with a black housing/black style.

I've seen many people on here with these mods, and I was wondering if you all had any recommendations.

I see a full set of head lamps and corner markers on ebay, but I wonder if the quality if any good?

I'm open to all suggestions. and fell free to post pics if you have them.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #2
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
I got the black headlights on ebay. Sealed them agian and no problems. Good quality in my opinion. Im happy with them.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoTaco98 View Post
Gentlemen,

The chrome sticker on my "chrome" grill is flaking and chipping off. I'd like to replace it with an all black OEM style grill?

My head lamps are yellowed out from the 13 years on my 1998. Rather than have them sanded and restored, I was thinking about replacing them with new head lamps with a black housing/black style.

I've seen many people on here with these mods, and I was wondering if you all had any recommendations.

I see a full set of head lamps and corner markers on ebay, but I wonder if the quality if any good?

I'm open to all suggestions. and fell free to post pics if you have them.

Thanks in advance.
rockauto for your black grille

ebay for your black headlights
Old 02-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowell View Post
I got the black headlights on ebay. Sealed them agian and no problems. Good quality in my opinion. Im happy with them.

What brand of headlights did you get from ebay.

I see some of these full sets from ipex and others from eagle.

My big question is if these ebay ones have any issues with leaks and if they have the adjustment/alignment bolts in the rear like the oem?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-4-PCS-...ht_4667wt_1185
Old 02-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
rockauto for your black grille

ebay for your black headlights

Do you have one of the Rock Auto grilles? Are the blacks a dull black, or a polished black? I'm having a hard time with the descriptions and the pictures are pretty bad quality.

I know that "black & argent" is the same as the black and silver one I have now.

So I guess I'm really just looking at "black paint to match" ones. But wonder if it's a dull black/primer or polished black that can be painted.

Did you replace yours?