Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tonneau Cover / Cap

Old 02-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
Afraz is on a distinguished road
Afraz's Tacoma Gallery
Tonneau Cover / Cap

Hey guys,

i have an ARE style cap in perfect condition on the back of my truck, but i need to be able to use the space and would liek a cap style.

I wanted to get something like this but mine is a double cab, what options are available for me ?

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLar...AdId=320324103

^this one is okay

http://barrie.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...AdIdZ344889371

^I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THIS ONE, but its for an extended cab, and my local Van and Truck world guy said it was homemade and no one carried anything like this.

Thanks
Old 02-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afraz View Post
Hey guys,

i have an ARE style cap in perfect condition on the back of my truck, but i need to be able to use the space and would liek a cap style.

I wanted to get something like this but mine is a double cab, what options are available for me ?

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLar...AdId=320324103

^this one is okay

http://barrie.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...AdIdZ344889371

^I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THIS ONE, but its for an extended cab, and my local Van and Truck world guy said it was homemade and no one carried anything like this.

Thanks
This is a Leer 100XQ, and for the record, a 2005+ will NOT fit a 1999-2004 model. I paid $1,000 for the shell, it came with the rack, a bed mat and husky floor liners. New, the shell by itself with the options it has is $2,600... Search your extended local area on craigslist to see if you can find one...

Old 02-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Also, I checked several different shells that were similar size, but from other manufacturers, none fit... The Tacoma is a unique style and will require a shell that was made for it...
Old 02-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #4

Here's a Silver Cap for sale for a double cab... It should fit yours... $350, great price!!!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...04-tacoma.html
Old 02-04-2012, 05:59 AM   #5
Afraz is on a distinguished road
Afraz's Tacoma Gallery
I already commented on that ad, its way too far down south. I am looking at maybe well over 2000 KM round way trip

Anyone know of anything else ?
Old 02-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #6

What about this one in Maryland? I'm sure he's negotiable...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post4492984