LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dome light LED bulb that actually works right.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #21
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
does anyone know if csjumper's map lights work?
They work fantastic, I had them installed since last week and no issues.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #22
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
here are the dome lights on superbrightleds...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/vehic...tacoma/62/1036

the 1st one looks like csjumpers and the oversized one at the bottom looks like the other one i tried that didn't work
Old 02-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #23
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400259539886...84.m1497.l2649

this one worked fine in my truck.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #24
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
i thought i found a solution to this over on ttora a while ago
Old 02-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #25
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post

sweet... how bright is it? for $3 who cares?! haha

edit: looks like they are sold out. here are more that look the same but you get 2... http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-31mm-12-L...14934450121333
Old 02-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #26
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
sweet... how bright is it? for $3 who cares?! haha

edit: looks like they are sold out. here are more that look the same but you get 2... http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-31mm-12-L...14934450121333
its pretty bright. Not as bright as the higher dollar LED bulbs, but its definitely brighter than the stock bulb, and the light is that nice clean white LED color.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #27
rabble rabble rabble

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
sounds good i bought a pair. i'll let you guys know if it works when i get them
Old 02-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #28
Jumper's Leds
csjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2nd class petty officer
Name: chris
csjumper2003's Tacoma Gallery
I've been researching this issue why some like dougs are working fine and some post 00s are having issues. I found that the dimmer feeds off of resistance that the factory bulb uses thus controling the amount of power sent to the bulb to turn it on. Dougs doesn't have this and his pop on right away and dont dim. The key is to add resistance to the led as the factory has. I'm going to try out my new theory when I hook back up with taco elmo.

Thanks
Chris
Old 02-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #29
rabble rabble rabble

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
awesome... i guess the lights i got coming from ebay will be useless as well
Old 02-05-2012, 07:06 AM   #30
01Yota is on a distinguished road

01Yota's Tacoma Gallery
I went to my local advance auto parts store here in kentucky and I got a led square that will fit many different dome lights with a connector type deal and its works flawlessly with the truck on of off when the doors open and by the switch and its really bright. And the brand was Dome Litz (ps sorry for no periods I'm texting and driving)
Old 02-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #32
WORD!?!
tacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tacoman355's Tacoma Gallery
i bought one of these and it works perfect and its way brighter than one i bought off superbrightleds.com a while back. for under $3 its worth the chance and ive had zero problems with it.

heres the link....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/48-SMD-White...item43ad0699b5
Old 02-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #33
otoball is on a distinguished road
Name: Jacob
otoball's Tacoma Gallery
LED DOME LIGHT SUCCESS

I have a 2003 Taco and here is how I fixed the LED light issue. I had a problem with my dome light not coming on with an LED in it. I had to turn the key to the "ACC" position or turn one of the dome lights on to get the dome light to work (WEIRD STUFF). Here is the fix:

1- buy x4 1w 100olm resistors

2- solder x1 resistor to each of the map light bulbs.

3- solder x2 resistors to your dome light bulb (you cold probably buy a bigger resistor but this is what worked for me).

This fix allows you to have LEDs in your TACO. Hopefully this helps. Pics to follow soon.

NOTE: When putting LEDs in the are polarized so they only work in one direction. You may have to switch them around to get them to work.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #34
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman355 View Post
i bought one of these and it works perfect and its way brighter than one i bought off superbrightleds.com a while back. for under $3 its worth the chance and ive had zero problems with it.

heres the link....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/48-SMD-White...item43ad0699b5
just bought one..worth a try even if it takes a month to ship from hong kong
Old 02-08-2012, 06:26 AM   #35
otoball is on a distinguished road
Name: Jacob
otoball's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2003 Taco and here is how I fixed the LED light issue. I had a problem with my dome light not coming on with an LED in it. I had to turn the key to the "ACC" position or turn one of the dome lights on to get the dome light to work (WEIRD STUFF). Here is the fix:

1- buy x4 1w 100olm resistors (Radio Shack)

3- solder x2 resistors to your dome light bulb (you cold probably buy a bigger resistor and reduce it down to one, but this is what worked for me).

This fix allows you to have LEDs in your TACO. Hopefully this helps. Pics to follow soon.

NOTE: When putting LEDs in the are polarized so they only work in one direction. You may have to switch them around to get them to work.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #36
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by otoball View Post

1- buy x4 1w 100olm resistors (Radio Shack)

3- solder x2 resistors to your dome light bulb (you cold probably buy a bigger resistor and reduce it down to one, but this is what worked for me).

anxious for pics.. hope this works for me too sounds easy enough..
Old 02-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #37
Taco Roja
Ohbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud of

Navy: 1987-1997
Name: Brian
Ohbrian's Tacoma Gallery
I did this tonight but I used a single 1W 100ohm resistor on the dome and it works like a champ.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #38
Texasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud of

Name: Chance
Texasdynaryder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohbrian View Post
I did this tonight but I used a single 1W 100ohm resistor on the dome and it works like a champ.
do u hook that resistor in directly with the hot wire or what?
Old 02-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #39
WORD!?!
tacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoman355's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Man in HD View Post
just bought one..worth a try even if it takes a month to ship from hong kong
yeah itll take a month but its worth it, lol
Old 02-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #40
Taco Roja
Ohbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud of

Navy: 1987-1997
Name: Brian
Ohbrian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasdynaryder View Post
do u hook that resistor in directly with the hot wire or what?
I soldered it directly accross the connectors on the bulb, so basically from one end to the other. You can see it works first just by taking a full lenth resistor without clipping the wires and jumper it accross the led bulb while its still in the socket. Just connect one end of the bulb to the other.