Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dome light LED bulb that actually works right.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #41
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
New Ebay link to Dome LED: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170780815794

Just ordered mine! Looks like they are shipping from California, that should give me time to fix my door switch...

FYI: I got this and installed it, all I got was a dim, high-speed flicker... Must need the resistor...
Old 02-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #42
otoball is on a distinguished road
Name: Jacob
otoball's Tacoma Gallery

Sorry for the late response on the pics. Hope this helps at least one person because I almost went insane trying to figure out this issue.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #43
bpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud ofbpkrules has much to be proud of
Name: Jon
bpkrules's Tacoma Gallery
I did the same thing, only useing the old bulbs as my resistor.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #44
Texasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud of

Name: Chance
Texasdynaryder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohbrian View Post
I soldered it directly accross the connectors on the bulb, so basically from one end to the other. You can see it works first just by taking a full lenth resistor without clipping the wires and jumper it accross the led bulb while its still in the socket. Just connect one end of the bulb to the other.
Thanks.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #45
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
here are the dome lights on superbrightleds...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/vehic...tacoma/62/1036

the 1st one looks like csjumpers and the oversized one at the bottom looks like the other one i tried that didn't work

Awesome info! Thanks for this link!!
Old 02-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #46
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
Quote:
sweet... how bright is it? for $3 who cares?! haha
edit: looks like they are sold out. here are more that look the same but you get 2... http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-31mm-12-L...14934450121333
Quote:
sounds good i bought a pair. i'll let you guys know if it works when i get them
Mine arrived today, and I can now confirm they have the exact same problem (i.e., dim flickering unless the key is in the ACC or ON position) in all three light fixtures (dome and both map lights).
Old 02-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #47
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
Mine arrived today, and I can now confirm they have the exact same problem (i.e., dim flickering unless the key is in the ACC or ON position) in all three light fixtures (dome and both map lights).

Here's the fix for my 2004 Tacoma DC.

I added 2 - 100 ohm 1 Watt resistors to my dome light bulb (similarly to pictures above) and each map light bulb and they worked perfectly. Neither would come on with just 1 resistor on them!!! I read somewhere that someone got them to work with just 1 resistor on each bulb, but I had to use two n each to get them to work...

Got the resistors at Radio Shack, they were 2 for $1.50.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #48
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohbrian View Post
I soldered it directly accross the connectors on the bulb, so basically from one end to the other. You can see it works first just by taking a full lenth resistor without clipping the wires and jumper it accross the led bulb while its still in the socket. Just connect one end of the bulb to the other.
did this today and it works perfectly! thanks

and thanks otoball for the pics
Old 02-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #49
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman355 View Post
i bought one of these and it works perfect and its way brighter than one i bought off superbrightleds.com a while back. for under $3 its worth the chance and ive had zero problems with it.

heres the link....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/48-SMD-White...item43ad0699b5
Mine arrived today, and I can now confirm it also has the exact same problem (i.e., dim flickering unless the key is in the ACC or ON position). Looks like I'm off to Radio Shack for some resistors...
Old 03-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #50
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
I have no idea what the deal is with my 04 taco but it did not like a festoon bulb with a 1W 100ohm resistor soldered to it. As soon as I put it in the dome it blew the interior lighting fuse.

At first I thought I just blew up the bulb somehow but then I went to drive to autozone for a new trailer hitch pin and realized my radio would not turn on.

Then long story short I had extra fuses and replaced the blown one, and now instead of flickering when keys are not in the ignition, the bulbs are on full as normal. Weird. Maybe the fuse that was in was just old or going bad, idk.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #51

Did you take the Resistor off or leave it on?? I had to put two on mine... Might be that you had some part of the resistor touching the metal/ground area which would short it out and blow the fuse instantly...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-31mm-12-L...67334118355216
Old 03-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #52
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotrinaf View Post
Did you take the Resistor off or leave it on?? I had to put two on mine... Might be that you had some part of the resistor touching the metal/ground area which would short it out and blow the fuse instantly...
I added the resistor to begin with which is what I believe shorted it. I think what happened was like you said, the resistor made contact with the ground. I did a stupidly hurried soldering job and some of the solder got bulked up towards the ends where contact is made, so I'm guessing this is the same as direct contact.

Either way for whatever reason, now WITH the resistor removed from the dome bulb and the fuse having been replaced, the lights all work as they should/no flickering. Even the MAP lights, which I did nothing to whatsoever.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #53
Have a nice day
htuong95 is on a distinguished road

htuong95's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'ed for later use.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #54
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Putco 1.50" led tube light. Oem is 1.75". Its just take ourmt and drop in. Putcos 1.75" will not fit.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #55
WORD!?!
tacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tacoman355's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
Mine arrived today, and I can now confirm it also has the exact same problem (i.e., dim flickering unless the key is in the ACC or ON position). Looks like I'm off to Radio Shack for some resistors...
Old 03-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #57
pikuptruk is on a distinguished road
pikuptruk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Okay, just trying to help and give my experience. Later
Don't take it personal. These guys are weird on this site. Thanks for the post bud...
Old 03-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #58
pikuptruk is on a distinguished road
pikuptruk's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody have anymore pics of the light completed and lit up? I'll bet it looks sick.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #60
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikuptruk View Post
Anybody have anymore pics of the light completed and lit up? I'll bet it looks sick.
I will take some tonight.

I only need one 1watt 100ohm resistor on the dome light and everything works fine for me on my 04 tacoma.

e/ just realized this was bumped and you posted a couple months ago.