Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dome light LED bulb that actually works right.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Dome light LED bulb that actually works right.

As title says, Chris and I have tried 3 bulbs to no avail.

Anyone have experience with switching the Dome light bulb with an LED that lights up with proper brightness when doors open?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
They pretty much all will ramp up to full brightness when you open the door. I've had all different kinds, and they increase brightness when they turn on.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
i had the same problem too!!! i've gone through two bulbs and it did the same thing. i thought there was something wrong with my truck. WTF!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Its not the truck, the LED bulbs require less wattage so it confuses the relay. It gives less juice hence why its dimmer.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #8
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
As title says, Chris and I have tried 3 bulbs to no avail.

Anyone have experience with switching the Dome light bulb with an LED that lights up with proper brightness when doors open?
I think mine do....
Old 02-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #9
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Seemed pretty normal when I opened the door tonight...

But then anything is better than 1st gen OEM...

Micah, lets go hit a trail right fuckin' now, its my B-day & you have to do what i tells ya !!..

Old 02-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #11
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
Can you post the brand and part number of the LEDs you're using, Doug?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BTW!
Hey , thanks Steve..., honestly brother I couldn't tell you , get with csjumper2003 (Chris) & ask him what part # etc; he put in 4wd's/Doug's 1st gen & he can hook you up, I'm pretty new to the whole LED thing & its increased illumination but can honestly say that I'm stoked with them & chris is a good guy to deal with..
Old 02-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #13
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
CSJumper has tried 3 diff LED's.
Well then I say lets roll to his pad ,tie him up & beat the shit out of him !!!!

j/k

Seriously though , guess I'm not seeing the big picture here, is it they are just dim from the time they energize or do they come on bright (normal) at first & slowly dim (like on a reastat) ??
Old 02-04-2012, 05:37 AM   #14
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
what has happened with mine is that when the truck is off and the doors are open the led dome light is very dim. but when you turn the key to the auxiliary position (is that what its called when you turn it half way to turn the radio and lights on??) or if the truck is running the LED dome light is on nice and bright.

i have also tried lights from csjumper as well as others but they all so the same shit. do the map lights work? i never even tried those because of the dome light bs.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:46 AM   #15
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
I got my led dome light from superbrightleds.com and havnt had any problems. Good luck
Old 02-04-2012, 06:14 AM   #16
maconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of light

maconhurler's Tacoma Gallery
No problems with mine. Almost 100% certain I got it from superbrightleds.com
Old 02-04-2012, 06:29 AM   #17
TRD OFROAD
pegcitytacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Charlie
pegcitytacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Superbrightleds got a 4 led white dome light very bright never dim and also changed the dash lights to blue LEDs they look so much better than stock it's like night and day! If you need blub #' s pm me
Old 02-04-2012, 07:13 AM   #18
Who needs roads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegcitytacoma View Post
Superbrightleds got a 4 led white dome light very bright never dim and also changed the dash lights to blue LEDs they look so much better than stock it's like night and day! If you need blub #' s pm me
Can you link the item please?

I knew there was a bulb out there that works.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #19
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know what to say gents, I haven't had problem one with chris's led's always work, always bright & the map light is awesome as well as the LED backups, sooooo, I dunno...

Gotta remember these things are probably made by 6 & 7 year old chinese kids, no matter where ya get them...
Old 02-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #20
rabble rabble rabble

dud122's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone know if csjumper's map lights work?