Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Linex???

Old 02-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Linex???

I am about to get linex on my taco. Price is $450 otd over the rails at no cost. My question is what do you guys recommend?? Should I get over the rails or just the bed??
Old 02-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
It comes down to personal preference but I'd get over the rails if it were me just for functionality. I use the top rails to set things on and hit the top rails frequently when loading.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I say over the rails what year is your taco
Old 02-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
ttran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
ttran's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say get the hole truck linex'ed..... But on a more serious note, over the rails for function.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty 06 4x4 View Post
I say over the rails what year is your taco
2003 DC. I really dnt put that many things that touch the rails on the truck.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
Zork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to all
Zork's Tacoma Gallery
Over the rail. If you dont, I see some rail scratches coming your way. If you end up deciding to go over the rail get it just over the lip.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #7

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zork View Post
Over the rail. If you dont, I see some rail scratches coming your way. If you end up deciding to go over the rail get it just over the lip.
Just over the lip??
Old 02-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #8
MTNative is on a distinguished road

MTNative's Tacoma Gallery
Over the rail looks much better IMO. I have a few pics in my build.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #9
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
if it costs the same either way get it over the rails.

looks good.
more protection.
no extra $$.
why not?
Old 02-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #10
Adam Baum is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Adam Baum's Tacoma Gallery
Over the rail. I regret not doing it. You would be surprised how magically more scratches show up AFTER you have your bed sprayed lol.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #11

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
if it costs the same either way get it over the rails.

looks good.
more protection.
no extra $$.
why not?
that's what I was thinking.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #12

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNative View Post
Over the rail looks much better IMO. I have a few pics in my build.
Thanks for posting!! I just saw the pics and that linex looks good!!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #13
Zork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to allZork is a name known to all
Zork's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hektor View Post
Just over the lip??
This is what I mean by just over the rail/lip. I have mine going just over the rail/lip, and I think it looks real clean.
Attached Thumbnails
Linex???-img_0787.jpg   Linex???-img_0788.jpg  
Old 02-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #15
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Over the rail, definitely
Old 02-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #16

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zork View Post
This is what I mean by just over the rail/lip. I have mine going just over the rail/lip, and I think it looks real clean.
Thank you for the pictures. I thinkg over the rails it is.