Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

All season floor mats

Old 02-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
uncoordinated dirtbox
Brandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
Brandon9402's Tacoma Gallery
All season floor mats

Sorry, I wasn't sure where to put this, but here I go. I have had the hardest time trying to keep my floor mats somewhat clean and decent. My mom bought the truck new in 02 and chose embroidered carpet mats! And she just recently bought a 2011 Tundra with carpet mats. I hate them! They are so filthy! I will never own another vehicle without getting some form of all season mats, whether they be from the factory or an after market brand! So with all that being said what is the best brand to get? I know WeatherTech is good and the local Bumper to Bumper suggested Husky brand. All I really need is the front 2.
Thanks
-Brandon

Old 02-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
Banned
arrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
arrrghhh's Tacoma Gallery
WT are the 'gold' standard if you will.

Husky is good, just a cheaper version - I'd say they will work just as well, but they might have slight issues like fitment might not be perfect. But they will save you a buck or two...

As for others, there's a boatload of off-brand and store-brand versions. Up to you if you want to venture there, but Husky & WT are going to be the better brands. Just depends on how much you want to spend.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #3
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Husky liners

Just got some Huskies for my 99 4x4. Fit pretty darn good.
Tried to get WT but they don't seem to make them for the gen 1 trucks.
Before and after photos below.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #4
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tan4x4 View Post
Tried to get WT but they don't seem to make them for the gen 1 trucks.
They have them listed for my '04
Old 02-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Husky's all the way!!
I've probably had 3 sets in 3 different vehicles over the years.

If you can help it, get BLACK. The tan Huskies that I owned - got dark spots and/or stained just from normal everyday usage. Not exactly sure why or what caused that..... but I started buying black ones after that.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
BVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to behold
BVCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I had a set of WeatherTech's floor liners in my 03 Tundra and they were great, but I sold that truck after having it for a little over 4 years. My next truck was a GMC Sierra 2500 and I bought the same WeatherTech's for that truck as well, they are simply great floor mats and will protect the carpet from anything you can throw at it! I would like to get a set for my 02 Taco that I just picked up, but the interior is already pretty beat up and have other things I could spend the $100 on at this point.

WeatherTech's FTW!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #7
uncoordinated dirtbox
Brandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok in that picture I posted you can kind of see a wet spot. It hasn't rained in a few days here and it's still wet! I think I have a leak somewhere! Lifted the carpet up and the metal underneath is wet but I have no clue how to track it down. Much less how would I fix it?
Old 02-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #8
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon9402 View Post
Ok in that picture I posted you can kind of see a wet spot. It hasn't rained in a few days here and it's still wet! I think I have a leak somewhere! Lifted the carpet up and the metal underneath is wet but I have no clue how to track it down. Much less how would I fix it?
Possibly the windshield seal leak.

There's a TSB on it - there was a thread here within the last week in which the same member posted the TSB as the solution.

I'm sure he'll chime in here too

edit: It's Snoman and here's his post http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post4341302
Old 02-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #9
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
haha yea! it was me! but the leak would cause the carpet to get wet from the underside since it leaks down behind the dash and along the floor. It also mostly affects the passenger side.

The end of the TSB says that wet floors can be caused by a bad seal in the door. Where the plastic barrier has come unglued from the door, behind the inner panel.
Could be that...?
Old 02-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #10
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
They have them listed for my '04
Well, they didn't have them for my '99. Lot of changes made
in 2001, maybe that where WT mats start.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:00 AM   #11

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tan4x4 View Post
Well, they didn't have them for my '99. Lot of changes made
in 2001, maybe that where WT mats start.
Very possible
Old 02-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #12
uncoordinated dirtbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Possibly the windshield seal leak.

There's a TSB on it - there was a thread here within the last week in which the same member posted the TSB as the solution.

I'm sure he'll chime in here too

edit: It's Snoman and here's his post http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post4341302
I read through that thread and I'm gunna take a look right now thanks for the help guys! Ill post more as I find