2000 tacoma front lift questions

Old 02-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
LacrosseJumper is on a distinguished road
Name: Dean
LacrosseJumper's Tacoma Gallery
2000 tacoma front lift questions

hey everyone!
This is my first post on Tacoma World!
Ive been searching for the most appropiate lift for my 2000 extended cab prerunner and idealy i wanted to use a 3 inch spindle lift but shockingly only one i could find was from solo motosports i think and was around $1500! so i passed that up and continued reseacrhing my options, and i know getting new coilovers or suspension would be best but im real tight on cash. so one of my friends sent me to fatbobsgarage.com to look up lifts and i think i decided to go with a strut spacer to get the lift im looking for. I want to have the front sit about a half inch above the rear, i offroad rarely so im thinkin this the best but im stuck on two options and im hoping someone here has some wisdom to share with me! Im trying to decide between these two.
http://fatbobsgarage.com/i-6765319-t...004-6-lug.html
or
http://fatbobsgarage.com/i-7254179-t...004-6-lug.html

Disregard the add a leafs im not planning on using them.
Thank you to anyone can help!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
Dhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Dhawk1313's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LacrosseJumper View Post
hey everyone!
This is my first post on Tacoma World!
Ive been searching for the most appropiate lift for my 2000 extended cab prerunner and idealy i wanted to use a 3 inch spindle lift but shockingly only one i could find was from solo motosports i think and was around $1500! so i passed that up and continued reseacrhing my options, and i know getting new coilovers or suspension would be best but im real tight on cash. so one of my friends sent me to fatbobsgarage.com to look up lifts and i think i decided to go with a strut spacer to get the lift im looking for. I want to have the front sit about a half inch above the rear, i offroad rarely so im thinkin this the best but im stuck on two options and im hoping someone here has some wisdom to share with me! Im trying to decide between these two.
http://fatbobsgarage.com/i-6765319-t...004-6-lug.html
or
http://fatbobsgarage.com/i-7254179-t...004-6-lug.html

Disregard the add a leafs im not planning on using them.
Thank you to anyone can help!!!
Welcome to TW! I would definitely go with the second option. Even though it's a little more expensive, it should be a much better lift. Most people on here bash spacers. I've never owned them, so I can't say, but I've heard the ride quality isn't too good . I went eibach/toytec coilovers but I have yet to install them .
Old 02-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhawk1313 View Post
Welcome to TW! I would definitely go with the second option. Even though it's a little more expensive, it should be a much better lift. Most people on here bash spacers. I've never owned them, so I can't say, but I've heard the ride quality isn't too good . I went eibach/toytec coilovers but I have yet to install them .
Ya thats what ive been reading, Thanks for the quick response by the way!
The spacer claims to maintain stock ride quality because its not a coil spacer since it sits on top of the strut thats the only reason im considering it, its just i dont really know anything about good coils and things of that sort so i dont wanna spend 300 on something thats crappy ya know.. what kind of suspension do you run right now??
Old 02-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #4
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
spacers, no matter if theyre in coil or not, change the ride (anything changing the suspension geometry does)

have you looked in to 5100s with eibach coils? or OME shock/coils?
Old 02-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
spacers, no matter if theyre in coil or not, change the ride (anything changing the suspension geometry does)

have you looked in to 5100s with eibach coils? or OME shock/coils?
i did some searching on the bilsteins but ive heard that they get real stiff as well , do you run them? and the coils i dont really know to much about. So if i ran that combo would it be 3 inches of lift? thank you!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #6
oh sorry i just looked at your specs and saw it, still a noob haha
So how does the 5100's and new springs ride compared to stock? you recommend it? and i like your truck by the way, were twins! whered you get the clear turn signal lights? they look sharp
Old 02-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #7
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

the 5100s/eibachs run a little still at first but once they wear in they ride great! Little stiffer than stock, but that's going to be the case with any lift up until the high-end coilovers.

any plans for the back?

I got all my aesthetic mods from ebay
Old 02-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #8
oh wow thank you! im looking at them right now and deffinently is on top of my list now, they arent even that much more than spacers! so thats good news for me

as for the back i haven't decided yet i wanted the front to sit alittle higher for the prerunner look but if it looks dumb i was thinking of adding maybe an inch in the back, what do you recommend?
Old 02-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #9
is getting the normal 5100's better or the adjustable 5100's when using it with the eibachs?
theyre the same price so i dont understand if getting adjustable would be better or not
Old 02-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #10

Quote:
oh wow thank you! im looking at them right now and deffinently is on top of my list now, they arent even that much more than spacers! so thats good news for me

as for the back i haven't decided yet i wanted the front to sit alittle higher for the prerunner look but if it looks dumb i was thinking of adding maybe an inch in the back, what do you recommend?
I'm running toytec's 2" aal for now, cant beat it for the price an its wayy better than a block

Quote:
is getting the normal 5100's better or the adjustable 5100's when using it with the eibachs?
theyre the same price so i dont understand if getting adjustable would be better or not
all front 5100s are adjustable, if you get the eibach's just set them to "0" or stock, and you'll ge good to go

also, grab a diff drop while youre at it
Old 02-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #11
I need a diff drop even for 2WD?
Old 02-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #13
Quote:
ah. sorry about that

nope, you'll be good

check this out for 5100/eibach pics
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...h-gallery.html
i think im sold on it! thanks alot man

so do you have a new grill and bumper? it looks real clean!
Old 02-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #14

Quote:
i think im sold on it! thanks alot man

so do you have a new grill and bumper? it looks real clean!
thanks!

grills on it's way.
and I'll get a bumper one day

one day........
Old 02-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #15
Quote:
thanks!

grills on it's way.