Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st. gen tacoma tank size?

Old 02-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robbie
tacomaforlife's Tacoma Gallery
1st. gen tacoma tank size?

just double checking but what is the actual fuel tank size for the 1st. gen tacoma's i have heard 16 to 18 gallons anybody know what the exact number is?
Old 02-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I've put over 19.5 gallons in mine somehow.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
SUPER-ER MOD
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
the gas tanks varied by year and model (reg. cab, xtra cab, trd, non-trd...)

yours is most likely 18.5 gallons. go to kbb.com and put in the specs of your truck and look under the 'tech specs' tab
Old 02-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
there is also a small reserve tank, not sure how big though
? Really?
Old 02-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #8
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
I don't think we have an actual "reserve tank", as much as the gauge registers empty when we still have ~1.5 gallons remaining.
Thats what I figured. Never heard of actually have 2 tanks in a normal "single tank" system. I know my old man had an f150 that had two tanks, but they were two big, seperate, tanks.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #9
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
See page 2 of the attached specifications...
4x2 capacity = 15.8 gallons
4x4 and PreRunner capacity = 18.5 gallons

I don't think we have an actual "reserve tank", as much as the gauge registers empty when we still have ~1.5 gallons remaining.
correct.

I have gone up to 40 miles after hitting "E" so about 1.5-2 gallons after you get to the "oh shit I need gas" line.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #10

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
I have gone up to 40 miles after hitting "E" so about 1.5-2 gallons after you get to the "oh shit I need gas" line.
I went 30 miles after the light came on this summer and that was enough! haha
Old 02-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #11
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I went 30 miles after the light came on this summer and that was enough! haha
haha...I wish I had a gas light
Old 02-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #12
lil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant future

Name: Jacen
lil J's Tacoma Gallery
99 V6 4x4 and my tank is only 15 gallons
Old 02-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #13
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
See page 2 of the attached specifications...
4x2 capacity = 15.8 gallons
4x4 and PreRunner capacity = 18.5 gallons

Remember...Toyota is Japanese. That means all the bolts are metric and the gas tanks are measured in litres initially. That's the reason for the random numbers like 15.8.

It's 70 litres for 4x4 and 60 for 4x2.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #14
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
correct.

I went 65 miles with mine on before I got nervous and decided to stop. Why I did it, I don't know.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #15
sixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sixsixsix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
I went 65 miles with mine on before I got nervous and decided to stop. Why I did it, I don't know.
Was this the time you filled up with over 19.5 gallons somehow?
Old 02-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #16
RAT Products

isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsixsix View Post
Was this the time you filled up with over 19.5 gallons somehow?
Yeah I also went over 420 miles that tank.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #17
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Yeah I also went over 420 miles that tank.
The closest ive ever gotten to that is 320...and according to the info above i have the 18.5 tank which is probably right since ive put in 17.8 or so