Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fender Flares NEW again.. thanks Freddie!

Old 02-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
Badbagger has a spectacular aura aboutBadbagger has a spectacular aura about
Air Force:
Badbagger's Tacoma Gallery
Fender Flares NEW again.. thanks Freddie!

Well thanks to my mad scientist friend Freddie, he came up with some kind of Fender Flare Goop that works like a charm. We'd been chatting and told him I wanted to find something to make my fender flares black and like new again. I didn't want some polish or shoe wax that would wash off or armor all etc. I knew somewhere under the old wax and oxidation was a new fender flare again. He told me to let him work his magic and I thought he was blowing smoke and that was a couple of weeks ago. So a couple of days ago I get a call and he tells me to wait for the mail man and a special bottle of "Freddie's Fender Flare Goop". So low and behold, today the little box of goop made it.

My fender flares looked like they hadn't been touched in 10 years. Built up wax and oxidation. I'd tried a few things and had bout gave up and was considering getting them painted. Then along comes "Freddie's Fender Flare Goop". Don't ask me what the hell it is, his note said here's some "goop" give it a try and see if it helps ya. Hell all I know is that IT works. The proof is in the photos. I did all 4 fender flares in about an hour and the front valence took another 10 minutes and I did the black mirror housings which looked awful in another 10 minutes.

Gotta talk to him tonight and tell him to bottle that shit and sell it. He's an odd fellow but smart as hell and thanks to Freddie, my fender flares are as new again. It made the clean, smooth and just like new. It's kind of a thick goop and not the consistency of tooth paste and it cleans and shines like no tomorrow!
Attached Thumbnails
Fender Flares NEW again.. thanks Freddie!-dsc_0093.jpg   Fender Flares NEW again.. thanks Freddie!-dsc_0095.jpg  
Old 02-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
Adam Baum is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Adam Baum's Tacoma Gallery
well how long does it last?
Old 02-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
Air Force:
Time will tell but it actually removes the oxidation and old wax so it's not like applying armorall etc. This does NOT wipe off. The fender flares are now smooth as a baby's behind and feel clean. Even removed some of the stains. It's not anything that I can take a rag and scrub off the flare like you could armorall etc.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
sixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sixsixsix's Tacoma Gallery
how did you apply it? rag? steel wool? 3M pad?

My fenders have a bunch of hairline cracks from the sun it seems. Ive tried all the amor'all, back to black stuff but none of it seems to hide the hair line cracks. Will goop work?
Old 02-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
Air Force:
just with a shop towel and then buffed it out with a micro fiber towel... it will clean them up nicely that I'm certain of and it may help to hide the cracks some but it's not what I'd call a filler really. about the consistency of tooth paste with some abrasive qualities.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Good job. I think you have hit it.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #7
Taco Roja
Ohbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud ofOhbrian has much to be proud of

Navy: 1987-1997
Name: Brian
Ohbrian's Tacoma Gallery
Send me the rest of the bottle.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:41 PM   #8
Backwoods legit, don't take no shit!
BackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to allBackwoodsTaco is a name known to all

Firefighter: Stokes Vol. Fire Department, Station 23
Name: Paul
BackwoodsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice . Is there any chance I can get my hands on some of that?!?!
Old 02-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #9
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowell View Post
Good job. I think you have hit it.
Thanks but the credit doesn't go to me lmao. But in the end of the day, the shit is off the chain and damn flares look brand new!
Old 02-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #10
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen4her02 View Post
Nice . Is there any chance I can get my hands on some of that?!?!
Lol, it's entirely possible I guess. I haven't even had the chance to talk to him yet. He's busy as hell. Maybe he'll be able to mix up a bit and send it my way and I can figure something out. I know it's gotta be a head ache for others as well. Detailing the rest of the truck is a walk in the park, damn flares and anything that's a black plastic type material gets a number done on it by the sun and elements.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #11
Longo118 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Engine man
Longo118's Tacoma Gallery
Hey how are the flares looking? Still like brand new, even through the rain, snow etc? I have been using a ton of supplies on my fender flares but they wash off after the first rain fall so I would definitely be interested as well!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #12
ARkansasTAco521 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
ARkansasTAco521's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely interested
Old 11-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #13
rzgkane is on a distinguished road
rzgkane's Tacoma Gallery
Back to Black worked very well for me. Applied two months ago and still looks great. No rain here in sunny so Cal, though, so maybe that's why it's holding up so well.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #14
blitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blitzburgh99's Tacoma Gallery
Sub
Old 11-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #15
WUT?
thegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
All of you can go down to Wally World, pick up a can of Rustoleum Bedliner spray and have at it. I had my flares removed in 15min, painted in an hour then re-installed. No more fading to hear of, FOR GOOD. The problem with all these "goops" is they only cover the surface of the flare. They don't penetrate deep inside (pun intended). The flares are fading because the oils are coming out of them. Any "goop" you put on the outside will eventually fade away in the elements and you'll have faded flares again. Paint them and be done with it.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:02 AM   #16
Air Force:
Well it's been over a year since I've posted on Freddie's stuff and he toyed around with a bit more.. make a long story, the stuff lasts very well. I'll get some pics later today. I've put it on the fender flares, bed cover, etc etc etc.
It penetrates into the material and doesn't wash off. I put a bit on a rag about once a month and takes all of 5 minutes and good to go.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:23 AM   #17
Air Force:
Here are some photos I just took. The last time I "gooped" the truck was about a month ago. Fender flares, mirror, bed cover, front bumper etc. Basically anything black. I put some in a small 4oz bottle about 5 or 6 months ago and still have some left. Truck is an 02 with all original flares that looked like CRAP.

I'm going to see if I can get the mad chemist to mix me up some more. If anyone is interested in "getting goop", just reply here or send me a PM and I'll see what I can find out.
Attached Thumbnails
Fender Flares NEW again.. thanks Freddie!-.jpg   Fender Flares NEW again.. thanks Freddie!-b.jpg   Fender Flares NEW again.. thanks Freddie!-c.jpg  
Old 05-16-2013, 07:26 AM   #18
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
For you guys who can't find Freddie's special goop, a heat gun will revive old plastic parts also. Youtube the process, it works, just have to be careful not to overheat the plastic.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:37 AM   #19
Air Force:
You're right. I watched a friend do it and on the last flare he got distracted and he turned it into melted plastic lol. I figured I'd pass after that.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #20
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Penetrol is still holding strong for me. Maybe slightly faded since initial application but no where near the ugliness of original fade.