Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dome light randomly turns on/off - '04 Taco DC

Old 02-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Dome light randomly turns on/off - '04 Taco DC

Since I rarely drive at night, I hadn't noticed this until just a few nights ago, but my dome light doesn't always turn off when you shut the door, and sometimes it will just flicker on/off when driving unless you manually turn the switch to the "off" position on the dome light itself.

I had a similar problem on a '99 Ford Ranger and it turned out to be a bad door switch, anyone had this same issue? Also, are the switches located inside of the door on the door latch mechanism?
Old 02-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
The switch is on the jamb on the front side, near the bottom
Old 01-19-2013, 02:07 AM   #3
undersc0re is on a distinguished road
undersc0re's Tacoma Gallery
Did you ever fix this issue? I have similar problems on my 2005.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #4
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: E Co, 4-3 ADA BN Executive Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have any ideas? My dome light hardly ever comes on (99% of the time). Would like to know if there's a known issue.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
It seems to work fine now, I think the dome switch was glazed over from not ever being moved from one position to another...
Old 02-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
To secure peace, is to prepare for war
TacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacomaJPP's Tacoma Gallery
Me too. Mine randomly won't come on, but will if I hit it with my fist.