Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Any first gens out there with painted roofs?

Old 02-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
TRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
TRDChris's Tacoma Gallery
Any first gens out there with painted roofs?

I haven't seen any and was considering plastidipping my black truck's roof red? What do you guys think?
Old 02-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Name: Skyler
wolfgang123's Tacoma Gallery
no way
Old 02-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
That would look terrible IMO.

Go put a request in the photoshop thread.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Idk about that one...
Old 02-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
Tommy Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Mitch
Tommy Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
???
Old 02-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #7
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
?
Old 02-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
TRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to behold

lol nevermind....Just wanted to see what it could look like
Old 02-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #9
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
it might look cool. its really something id have to see done to give my opinion
Old 02-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
depends on the shade of red IMHO
Red plastidip is what i would use
Old 02-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #11
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #12
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
I think that's taking it a little to far lol......you never know....
Old 02-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #14
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
^ I think it's spot on
Old 02-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #15
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NegroTundra View Post
^ I think it's spot on
x2
Old 02-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #16
DarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to behold

Name: Clark
DarkShark's Tacoma Gallery
Just play around with plastidip if u dont like it pull it off. I plan on doing something like that when it gets warmer out. I'm thinking flat black hood or old school hilux strips idk.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShark View Post
Just play around with plastidip if u dont like it pull it off. I plan on doing something like that when it gets warmer out. I'm thinking flat black hood or old school hilux strips idk.
Yea your right! After all I can always just take off ......I like the 2nd gens with the painted roofs and figured I would try it on the 1st gen....both of your ideas sound cool! I'd like to see them if you end up doing it
Old 02-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #18
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Tacoma View Post
???

No offense, but your taco is no hot rod street rod... LOL No way on the red roof...
Old 02-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotrinaf View Post
No offense, but your taco is no hot rod street rod... LOL No way on the red roof...
hot rod street rod lol...... I know I was just wondering..... .it worked out for the 2nd gens
Old 02-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #20
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
hah idk man. good thing about plastidip is it comes off. i say give it a whirl.