1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift questions for 2000 reg cab

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by poseytaco, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Feb 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM
    poseytaco

poseytaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nicholas
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2012 Off-road
    I've been looking at ome 881 for the front and aal or new leaf pack for the back. My truck is bone stock. It does have a campershell, but it seems to sit about 1/2" lower in the rear. My stock leaf pack has to be in good shape because the truck only has 75,000 miles on it. I haven't had the truck long, but before I had a 99 with 180,000(identical to my new one) it seemed to sit higher in the back, even with the shell. Both are reg cab 4cyl 4x4. I can't find any info on what exactly I need to lift the truck how I want it.
    1. Level or close to level. Don't want the rear higher than the front.
    2. Want a good ride On Road. This is my only vehicle and I drive on street 40-50 miles a day.
    3. Don't want to put any extra stress on front or rear end. So need a lift under 3 in probably around 2.5 would be ideal.
    4. Want better performance off road. More clearance. Better control on rough terrain.

2. Feb 9, 2012 at 7:55 AM
    misterdmac

misterdmac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doostin
    In or around the truck
    Vehicle:
    '97 2.7L DLX
    Wheelersoffroad.com

HD 5-leaf pack in the rear for 1.5" lift. If you want it level I would think 880s are your best bet with Bilstein 5100 set at 0.0" esp. since you're a 4cyl. Bilsteins seem to be the best value at ~$180/pair, but the higher you set them the less smooth your ride will be. Second reason to go with 880s is you can level the front with spacers if you end up higher in the rear. Afterall our trucks do have factory rake when the suspension is in proper shape.

Honestly bro, call Dan at Wheelers. He is on TW as YotaDan. You will not regret it, he's super generous with his time and will know exactly what you need. Much quicker way to find out than wading through threads and waiting for folks to respond. And we are not experts, Dan is.

3. Feb 9, 2012 at 1:52 PM
    poseytaco

poseytaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nicholas
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2012 Off-road
    Thanks man, called wheelers, Dan was out to lunch, but I talked to Jonny. He was very helpful. He didn't talk me out of 880 or 881, but he recommended I keep my factory springs and go with 5100s all around and an aal. He's said the ride would be a lot better than stock and not near as stiff as the ome stuff. I also like the price better. Just don't want to kick myself later for making the wrong decision. Any thoughts

Products Discussed in

To Top