Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Continuing the Tacoma search...Sunroof?

Old 02-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
jeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
jeepdude's Tacoma Gallery
Continuing the Tacoma search...Sunroof?

Found an 04 Tacoma with a sunroof, looked well done, but as far as I know they never came with sunroofs, did they? Used car guy claims it's factory. Everybody I know who has an aftermarket sunroof has leaks, might pass on this one.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
sixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sixsixsix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdude View Post
Found an 04 Tacoma with a sunroof, looked well done, but as far as I know they never came with sunroofs, did they? Used car guy claims it's factory. Everybody I know who has an aftermarket sunroof has leaks, might pass on this one.
Ive done some brief research on this because Im looking to have a sunroof installed on my Tacoma in the future.
What Ive gathered is that Toyota never really offered a sunroof from the factory... it was more of a dealer option than anything. And the style offered was not the retractable glass style, but rather a tilt glass style sunroof.
And another bit of info Ive gathered from TW is that actual owners of Tacomas with "factory" sunroofs have claimed no leaks. The claims always seem to come from "somebody I know" or "my friend" that has a leaky sunroof.

I say if it doesnt leak, go for it. I think the seals need to be conditioned every so often anways. good luck.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got one in a 00 and its factory... seal went bad and it leaked so I just replaced the seal and its been fine since
Old 02-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got one as well and it doesnt leak but could use a seal since its starting to crack from being original... Im kind of 50/50 on having it or not, its nice sometimes but it only tilts so its kinda like whats the point at the same time
Old 02-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
I have one too. It looks factory, but I bought the truck used so I cant be 100% sure.
I wish it slid completely open but it only tilts. As far as leaking, it only leaks in a very unusual situation where it rains, then gets cold (freezing the water on the roof), then warms up again. I think the freezing pushes the seal a little but allowing a few drops in. When I say "a few drops" I mean exactly that, 3-4 drops of water.
Well worth it IMO. Whenever I get into cars or trucks without sunroofs I always find myself thinking "why is it so dark in here?!" haha
Old 02-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #6
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
mines tinted 2.5% so its pretty much useless haha
Old 02-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is tinted, but I don't know what %. All I know is it doesn't block the light as much as a solid roof. Haha
Old 02-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #8
jeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
jeepdude's Tacoma Gallery
okay, thanks guys....guess I won't be suspicious of it...just gotta make a deal now!