Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Xtra cab Quarter Window Latch Repair

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #241
redruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JJ
redruM69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLD01 View Post
You're kidding, right?? Unbelievable that folks would complain about a quality part available at a fraction of the cost of what dealers charge for replacement, just because of its appearance. This is an invisible component of our trucks, visually. Not sure why this bothers me so much, but it does.

Your latch replacements kick ass. I've been enjoying mine for two years now. I hope that my high praise, and that of your silent customers, overwhelms anyone that has any complaints. Anyone obsessing over the appearance of an invisible replacement part can't be made happy anyway.

Carry on, and congratulations on the success you've had with these.
Thanks for the awesome review! Much appreciated!
Old 07-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #242
Laissez les bons temps rouler
tacoma04 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bruce
tacoma04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLD01 View Post
You're kidding, right?? Unbelievable that folks would complain about a quality part available at a fraction of the cost of what dealers charge for replacement, just because of its appearance. This is an invisible component of our trucks, visually. Not sure why this bothers me so much, but it does.

Your latch replacements kick ass. I've been enjoying mine for two years now. I hope that my high praise, and that of your silent customers, overwhelms anyone that has any complaints. Anyone obsessing over the appearance of an invisible replacement part can't be made happy anyway.

Carry on, and congratulations on the success you've had with these.

^^^X1000

Another completely satisfied customer! Mine have worked flawlessly for over a year. A great part that won't crack like the OEM piece did.

Good job!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #243
Don't be a dick
ARB1977 is a splendid one to beholdARB1977 is a splendid one to beholdARB1977 is a splendid one to beholdARB1977 is a splendid one to beholdARB1977 is a splendid one to beholdARB1977 is a splendid one to beholdARB1977 is a splendid one to behold

ARB1977's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, I wish I found these before I replaced mine. What a pain that was.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #244
redruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
The new design is now available!

Pair: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=231026853367
Single: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330977292270

If you check my listings, I still have the original design available while supplies last.

Thanks again guys for the praise and support!

Old 08-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #245
Knowledge rating result of a goat vs MC vid
Aught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Troy
Aught2TaCO's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered one to match the prototype. Thanks JJ for offering a simple, reliable and affordable replacement product. Hope you enjoy even more success with your product!
Old 08-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #246
interceptor1972 is on a distinguished road
interceptor1972's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered the new redesigned pair. Now, I do have a question. The rear latch was already broken on the "new to me" Tacoma. Which means the pins that were there are long gone. How do I get new pins to go with? And thanks so much for a great quality product!
Old 08-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #247
Quote:
Originally Posted by interceptor1972 View Post
Just ordered the new redesigned pair. Now, I do have a question. The rear latch was already broken on the "new to me" Tacoma. Which means the pins that were there are long gone. How do I get new pins to go with? And thanks so much for a great quality product!
A good hardware store should have roll pins of the appropriate size.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #248
Hey guys!
I'm just about out of the old design pivots, so I have removed them from eBay and lowered the price of the NEW design!

PAIR: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=231026853367
SINGLE: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330977292270

I still have about 100 left of the old design, which will be sold off on Amazon before I update that listing.
http://www.amazon.com/Billet-Aluminu.../dp/B00877TP4K

Thanks again for all the praise and support!
-JJ
Old 09-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #249
cdub2002 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
cdub2002's Tacoma Gallery
Your awesome man! Just post some pics of installing the old design ones on my truck. Its on a different thread but just wanted to say thanks!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #250
lovedr79 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
lovedr79's Tacoma Gallery
just ordered mine! i had forgotten about mine being broken until i saw this thread!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #251
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub2002 View Post
Your awesome man! Just post some pics of installing the old design ones on my truck. Its on a different thread but just wanted to say thanks!
Thanks! Can you link me to the other thread?
Old 09-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #252
I'm all out of the old style, so I've updated the Amazon Listing. New design available on Amazon with the link a few posts back!

Thanks again for the support guys!
Old 09-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #253
Knowledge rating result of a goat vs MC vid
Aught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAught2TaCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Troy
Aught2TaCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub2002 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by redruM69 View Post
Thanks! Can you link me to the other thread?
Done. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...dow-latch.html
Old 10-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #254
Pivots are currently on sale 10% off for a couple of weeks!

Singles: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330977292270
Pair: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=231026853367
Old 10-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #255
coast is on a distinguished road
coast's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!

Like many others, the parts were brittle and just fell apart upon opening. I just ordered a pair. Thanks for the design.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #256
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Love mine had them a year. It was the first mod I ever did. I bought the truck with the plastic ones broken. I ordered them 2 weeks before even getting the truck.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #257
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Though I bought this well over a year ago, I finally got to replace them this past weekend. WOW, no more road nice, coming from the rear window!

Though only the driver side wouldn't latch, they were both broken. Glad I bought this, most excellent product at a most excellent price!
Old 10-28-2013, 09:53 AM   #258
Just duct tape it
jspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspansel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
jspansel's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered a pair! Thanks!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #259
deez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Darren
deez's Tacoma Gallery
I'm so glad I found this thread!

One of mine happened to break a few days ago and had no idea this existed until now. Just ordered a pair on eBay
Old 10-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #260
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspansel View Post
Just ordered a pair! Thanks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez View Post
I'm so glad I found this thread!

One of mine happened to break a few days ago and had no idea this existed until now. Just ordered a pair on eBay
U R both welcome, for the thread resucitation!

Products Discussed in this Thread