Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Xtra cab Quarter Window Latch Repair

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #41
redruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JJ
redruM69's Tacoma Gallery
So who has a first gen Tundra with a busted hinge? First PM will get a free hinge pivot to test out for me. I need to see if they are the same.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #43
demo243 is on a distinguished road
Name: Devon
demo243's Tacoma Gallery
Decided I'm in! One set to replace both.

Just shoot me a PM when you have em.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #44
thedjan is on a distinguished road
thedjan's Tacoma Gallery
It sounds like the washer bushing idea may be good in the second run. Most hardware stores sell various o-rings in small qty's cheep that may suffice for now.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:15 AM   #45
Hillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant future

Hillingdoner's Tacoma Gallery
So, did the latch pieces come in? If so, PM me and we'll take care of getting a set.
Cheers
Old 02-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #46
TRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
TRDChris's Tacoma Gallery
I need to replace both of them because they broke!!! I'm tired of the rattling noise!!! interested in buying a pair for sure!
Old 02-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #47
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
So when can I get one? Mine was broken since I got the truck. Same with the damn center console latch.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #48
TRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
TRDChris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
So when can I get one? Mine was broken since I got the truck. Same with the damn center console latch.
lol I'm in the same situation.....Do your windows rattle???
Old 02-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #49
HeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant future

Name: Jacob
HeadlampRevamp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redruM69 View Post
Yep, poor design by Toyota. Its the little black plastic dogbone shaped piece in the middle. They always break, and seem to always break at the same spot. If you are SUPER careful with them, they may last. Some people zip-tie them back together, but I figured a more permanent solution would be better.
Aluminum > Plastic
Does the pin have to be replaced after you take it out, or can you reuse it?
Old 02-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #50
redruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JJ
redruM69's Tacoma Gallery
Update:
I called the machine shop today, as these have been running late. They had a delay getting the material in to cut them. They'll be done tomorrow, and sent to me via UPS 2nd day air. I will hopefully have the first batch of 200 units in early next week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlampRevamp View Post
Does the pin have to be replaced after you take it out, or can you reuse it?
The pin is reusable.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:54 PM   #51
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested in a set. My drivers side one broke whenever I leaned my truck into a tree...
Old 02-23-2012, 12:06 AM   #52
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed.
I have a broken one on my truck, so I'm down for an affordable and tough replacement part.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:56 AM   #53
oliverlove will become famous soon enough

Name: Oliver
oliverlove's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for 2.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #54
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
I need one, but will get the pair deal!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #55
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redruM69 View Post
Update:
I called the machine shop today, as these have been running late. They had a delay getting the material in to cut them. They'll be done tomorrow, and sent to me via UPS 2nd day air. I will hopefully have the first batch of 200 units in early next week!

The pin is reusable.
So JJ, it looks like you currently have nothing on eBay.

You'll be setting it up and posting a link once you have the goods in hand?
Old 02-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #56
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
So JJ, it looks like you currently have nothing on eBay.

You'll be setting it up and posting a link once you have the goods in hand?
he's getting them on tuesdayish. he's smart for not setting up a page for them already since they aren't even made yet.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #57
Paulie is on a distinguished road
Name: Paulie
Paulie's Tacoma Gallery
Mine fell apart and have been holding it closed w/ a bungie.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #58
Truck yeah!
Wild Card will become famous soon enough

EMS: Army Vet, now an EMT/Firefighter
Name: Doug
Wild Card's Tacoma Gallery
I need a new set, too. Subbed.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #59
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDChris View Post
lol I'm in the same situation.....Do your windows rattle???
Well I can latch it shut by forcing the broken parts together. Then it stays shut and doesn't rattle. But if it opens slightly, it will open all the way and rattle.

Products Discussed in this Thread