LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Xtra cab Quarter Window Latch Repair

Old 02-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
redruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JJ
redruM69's Tacoma Gallery
Xtra cab Quarter Window Latch Repair

Get em here guys! http://www.ebay.com/itm/330710209564
If you dont use eBay:
http://dasherdeals.ecrater.com (Enter the code "tacopivot" during checkout for free shipping!!)

Hi guys,
New here. I'm here to gauge level of interest in replacement billet aluminum quarter window latch hinge pivots.

I've designed the part in CAD, and I have had a few prototypes laser cut. They work awesome!
I'm now working on getting them in bulk to sell. 200 units total, probably around a month. I'll be selling for around $10 a pair, or $6 each. (Introductory price, they are now $9.99 each)

AFAIK (Please correct me if I am wrong here!) there was a guy making these for a while, but I hear he disappeared. I also heard his service wasn't so great, and that his part rattled. I have designed my part with a extra snug fit on the pins, so they shouldn't rattle.

I have a well established eBay Top Rated Power Seller account with 100% positive feedback, and can be trusted. (eBay ID DasherDeals)

Let me know if you're interested guys. I'll announce news as I get it!

Thanks,
JJ

Mods: Feel free to move this thread if I'm out of bounds.

UPDATE 2/11/12:
I've ordered my first 200 units this eve. Should have them in on or around the 22nd of this month!

UPDATE 2/14/12:
Installation video is up:
Youtube video

UPDATE 2/22/12:
Machining was delayed due to lack of material. 27-28th is the new ETA.

UPDATE 2/29/12:
Here they are! http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=330695187582

UPDATE 3/6/12:
Clarified introductory price. I apologize for the confusion!

UPDATE 4/28/2012:
New link to purchase: http://www.ebay.com/itm/230783218338
Old 02-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Subd for future reference, mine are broke so i may get some of these in the future
Old 02-10-2012, 05:56 AM   #3
TheMike515 will become famous soon enough
TheMike515's Tacoma Gallery
I'm totally in for a set!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:10 AM   #4
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Subd for future reference
+1

Question to the mods/admin.

If this thread gets moved (to the vendor or marketplace section) and I'm subbed to the thread, will I still be able to access it?
Old 02-10-2012, 07:17 AM   #5
oliverlove will become famous soon enough

Name: Oliver
oliverlove's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, please make these!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #6
X-wing Design Engineer
crimsonred2004 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Missile Technician
Name: Bob'O'
crimsonred2004's Tacoma Gallery
How easy is it to get the pins out of the latch and bracket? Does the latch have to be taken out of the truck to do the replacement? Thanks
Old 02-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #8
redruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredruM69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonred2004 View Post
How easy is it to get the pins out of the latch and bracket? Does the latch have to be taken out of the truck to do the replacement? Thanks
Pretty easy. About 4-5 minutes each All you need is a hammer/punch, pair of channel locks, and a Phillips. the plastic panel does not need to be removed. The window half of the latch is easily removed with a phillips, just to make the job a little easier. the other half of the latch stays in place.
I'll have an instructional video soon, before I market them.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #9
s13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
s13bdafocker's Tacoma Gallery
You are the shit . I was going to make my own but these look amazing .. I want a set ASAP please
Old 02-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #10
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, do this, please. I was going to get the other guy's until I heard about qaulity and customer service problems.

Everybody's are broken, so theoretically, everyone will buy them if you have your act together! Great price, too.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #11
01Yota is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
01Yota's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be interested myself. Great product
Old 02-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #12
Young Gun
MLB YOTA has a spectacular aura aboutMLB YOTA has a spectacular aura about

Name: Marshall
MLB YOTA's Tacoma Gallery
My prayers have been answered lol . I would be interested
Old 02-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #13
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #14
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Couldn't believe how much the dealership wanted to fix my rear window when I had a first gen.

Good job making these.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #15
UPDATE:
I've ordered my first 200 units this eve. Should have them in on or around the 22nd of this month!
Old 02-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #16
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Stupid question. Do they just break?
I cant remember the last time my rear windows were opened so the latches are fine.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #17
Young Gun
MLB YOTA has a spectacular aura aboutMLB YOTA has a spectacular aura about

Name: Marshall
MLB YOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Stupid question. Do they just break?
I cant remember the last time my rear windows were opened so the latches are fine.
Both of mine broke when I opened the windows and tried to latch them back. No force behind it they just shattered.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #18
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
The piece in the middle just broke? I just want to know what to look for so I dont end up with a floppy window! haha
Old 02-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
The piece in the middle just broke? I just want to know what to look for so I dont end up with a floppy window! haha

Yep, poor design by Toyota. Its the little black plastic dogbone shaped piece in the middle. They always break, and seem to always break at the same spot. If you are SUPER careful with them, they may last. Some people zip-tie them back together, but I figured a more permanent solution would be better.
Aluminum > Plastic
Old 02-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #20

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
I will keep you in mind if mine break. Since I rarely use the windows, they could be ready to go now!