Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

help stop air from vents when a/c is off

Old 02-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
cadman33619 is on a distinguished road
cadman33619's Tacoma Gallery
help stop air from vents when a/c is off

Maybe this is a normal thing for all tacomas...
while driving with the a/c off i still get air blowing thru the vents. obviously from outside and not a/c....its quite a bit of air. if i turn the temp dial to hot then the air gets hot and vise-versa with cold (with a/c still off) is this normal? the a/c system is working perfectly.

thanks

cadman
Old 02-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
pretty typical with most vehicles actually.

close the vents.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Typical.

My Tacoma is pretty good at keeping the flow to none or minimal, if the fan is set at "off"

My Legacy is pathetic. There is no discernible difference between "0" (off) and "1" on the fan blower. Gets annoying.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #5
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Mine does it too. I kinda like it cause after my truck is warm anything above the "trickle" (off) fan speed makes me absolutely roast inside
Old 02-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
jcksnjn is on a distinguished road
jcksnjn's Tacoma Gallery
My truck does it only when it is set to use outside air.

Check whether it is set to use recirculated air or outside air??
Old 02-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #7
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11TRD View Post
I only noticed this after installing my satoshi. More airflow into engine compartment obviously. I just close my vents.
Doesnt air for the cab come in through the cowl.....
Old 02-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
FFTACO85 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
FFTACO85's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcksnjn View Post

X2 ^^
Old 02-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #11
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcksnjn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTACO85 View Post
X2 ^^
x3. hit the recirc button.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #12
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman33619 View Post
while driving with the a/c off i still get air blowing thru the vents. obviously from outside and not a/c....its quite a bit of air. if i turn the temp dial to hot then the air gets hot and vise-versa with cold (with a/c still off) is this normal? the a/c system is working perfectly.

thanks

cadman
Your truck is the same year model as mine.

You should have a "Recirculate" button on your A/C Control panel, press that so that it lights up, that turns off the outside flow of air... The only other button on there is the A/C button, so it shouldn't be hard to find... I think it's between the Fan Speed control and the Temperature control knobs.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #13
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman33619 View Post

thanks

cadman

I feel your pain lol. This happens to my 2010 all the time and Im sick of it. I have never had a truck or car do this. I feel like when i shut the air off its still blowing up medium to sometimes high. I put it on off and still comes out. I press all the buttons and turn everything and still blowing out hard lol. Its starting to get to me. Idk why. The dealership said the faster you go the more air comes in to your cab and i think somewhat is thats true but my other truck didn't do this. I had a hemi ram and not once did it happen. Idk
Old 02-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #14
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
i don't mind the slight air flow even in the off position. in fact i really like it during this winter. i can put my hand near the vent and feel for the warm air before i actually get the fan blowing.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #15
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Easy fix, push the recirculate button.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #16
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineah View Post
Easy fix, push the recirculate button.
^^THIS. I'm surprised there's even a thread for this.