Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Pro comp 1069 on 1st Gen??

Old 02-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Pro comp 1069 on 1st Gen??

I might get some pro comp 1069 rims on my 2003 Tacoma. I read some where that the center caps wont fit is this right? Any problems that you guys had with this rims let me know please.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
its a pretty common wheel type. search some of the tire and wheel threads and maybe you'll see some.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #4
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomadude89 View Post
These rims come with center caps, yes they will fit. If you see people running these rims without center caps, it's because they chose not to run them.

Cool, so your center caps fit just fine. Also whats the part # I need to order. Is the 4 backspace good for our trucks?
Old 02-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #5
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
You might want less backspace if you're going with bigger tires.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #6

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
You might want less backspace if you're going with bigger tires.
Im gonna run the stock size 265 70 16 Michellins ATX 2
Old 02-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #8

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pro Comp only offers the 16 with 4.0" of backspacing.

Be sure to get the LUG centric type and NOT the hub centric as they will not fit. The part number you need for 16's is: 1069-6883
Thank you!! Brother. Ill let the guy from discount tire know.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #9
Young Gun
MLB YOTA has a spectacular aura aboutMLB YOTA has a spectacular aura about

Name: Marshall
MLB YOTA's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 1079 same thing they just have the simulated beadlock. My center caps up front wouldn't go on easy but nothing a little rubber hammer couldn't fix. I have taken them back off before, not easy but doable.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:03 AM   #10
exminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tony
exminnesotaboy's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, I have Pro Comp 1069's and yes, the caps would not fit correctly. Not with a rubber mallet, not with a lot of force.

They would not seat over the lip on the hub, it was very close, but not quite. I ended up putting approx six 3/8" scores in each cap and then used a rubber mallet to seat them.

I know others noted that they had other options: either no trouble at all or hammered on, but that simply was not the case for me. I guess it is possible that there were changes at the factory to accommodate the issue during their production run.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #11
98 Taco Truck is on a distinguished road
Army:
98 Taco Truck's Tacoma Gallery
I have them in black on my 98 and I did not like the center caps that came with the wheels. They are an open center cap like for a vechile with selectable locking hubs. Then the plastic pro comp cover snaps into it, sometime they fly off or make noise when driving. I bought the all metal ones from Wheelers offroad. They fit perfect, infact the alloy wheels they used to sell were the procomp 1069.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #12

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Is it true that they are hard to balance and give to much problems since they are made in china?
Old 02-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #13
Young Gun
MLB YOTA has a spectacular aura aboutMLB YOTA has a spectacular aura about

Name: Marshall
MLB YOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hektor View Post
Is it true that they are hard to balance and give to much problems since they are made in china?
I haven't had any trouble with them as far as balancing. I've had mine for about 20,000 miles and I have changed the tires.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #15
98 Taco Truck is on a distinguished road
Army:
98 Taco Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They're nice quality rims, no problems balancing or any issues...

What he said
Old 02-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #16
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
If I am correct if the item # ends with a 83 should fit a Tacoma.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #17
lil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant future

Name: Jacen
lil J's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hektor View Post
I might get some pro comp 1069 rims on my 2003 Tacoma. I read some where that the center caps wont fit is this right? Any problems that you guys had with this rims let me know please.

if you get those wheels give us an update on how they work out. I've been wanting to replace my 20's and I like those a lot.