Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

new guy wants to run 33x12.50r16

Old 02-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
dtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dtmccray's Tacoma Gallery
new guy wants to run 33x12.50r16

Hi I just bought an 01 tacoma dbl cab trd limited v6.trying to find out exactly how much lift I have to have to clear 33/12.50r16 tires. Just ordered a winch and ordering bumper next week so I'll be adding about 225-250 extra lbs to the front end.The only bumper I have found that I really like is the one from schrockworks....any other suggestions on that? Finally what is the difference between a limited and any others? I thought it was just interior stuff but the schrockworks site says they are wider. Thanks for any input. Oh yeah, I really don't like to use body lifts if I do it wont be more than one inch and then only if cant avoid it. I tried searching but after 20-30 pages of random stuff without a real answer here I am...or maybe I'm just not searching the correct combinations of key words.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Are you going to offroad it?

Yes? - 0" and trimming.

No? - 3" lift.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Are you going to offroad it?

Yes? - 0" and trimming.

No? - 3" lift.
lol....

OP: Check out the Bilstein/Eibach gallery in this section. Best setup to run 33's.

As far as bumpers, check out elite, avid, relentless fab, and a few others in the vendors section of this site.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
dtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok so what springs, shocks, uca,diff drop etc will I need to get an honest 3" lift with an extra 225-250 lbs on the front of a v6 dbl cab? Also any idea what backspacing to clear a true 33-12.50 (305/75r16)? If you have an approximate price throw that in as well. Thanks for any input/ideas.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
lonniea is on a distinguished road
Name: Lonnie
lonniea's Tacoma Gallery
billy 5100 shocks ome 886 or eibach springs allpro leafpack or add aleaf rear shocks 5125 or 5150 billy shackle 1.5 and 4 inch backspace rims or wheel spacers diff drop and b.a.m.f. braKE prop. bracket stainless brake lines haha might as well add those if im wrong or missed something chime in
Old 02-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonniea View Post
billy 5100 shocks ome 886 or eibach springs allpro leafpack or add aleaf rear shocks 5125 or 5150 billy shackle 1.5 and 4 inch backspace rims or wheel spacers diff drop and b.a.m.f. braKE prop. bracket stainless brake lines haha might as well add those if im wrong or missed something chime in
punctuation
Old 02-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #7
lonniea's Tacoma Gallery
haha

he asked
Old 02-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
punctuation
889 coils??

And OME coils shouldn't be mixed with bilstein shocks...can be done...but they work with their own struts much better.

Toytec/eibach coils have a 650lbs rate that will handle a winch bumper and winch just fine while giving a true 3'' of lift up front.

If you go OME, go with 882 coils to get around 3'' and to handle the winch/bumper.

But the eibach/billy combo will get you a true-er 3''.

That should either be coupled with an AAL or whole new leaf pack in the rear.

Check out wheelers offroad, toytec, and downsouth motorsports for the products.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:57 AM   #9

thanks for your help. more or less looking at $1000-1500 for 3" of lift or just do the toytech coilover kit with new rear springs for 1300? Or am I way off my prices? Will I need different uca's or will I still be able to get it properly alligned with the stock units?
Old 02-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #10
lonniea's Tacoma Gallery
wheel clearing upper control arm

ive got 285/75r 16 and im so close to my upper control arm its millimeters 33/12.5 are wider so that maybe an issue without spacers or rims with proper back spaceing (883) type o he has a double cab with bumper and winch
Old 02-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #11

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmccray View Post
thanks for your help. more or less looking at $1000-1500 for 3" of lift or just do the toytech coilover kit with new rear springs for 1300? Or am I way off my prices? Will I need different uca's or will I still be able to get it properly alligned with the stock units?
Bilstein 5100's, eibach coils, and an AAL is like $600.

If you do a whole new leaf pack in the rear (recommended) You are looking at $800-$1000 including the front.

It also depends on what you want to do w/ the front. You mentioned the toytec coilovers, if you want adjustable coilovers go for a better brand like Sway way, Icon, Kings, etc...the toytec coilovers are non-rebuildable and overpriced for what they are.

At 3'' you dont need new UCA's...but if you have the cash, get some because they will help keep your alignment correct w/ the lift.