Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

allpro expedition leafs

Old 02-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
lonniea is on a distinguished road
Name: Lonnie
lonniea's Tacoma Gallery
allpro expedition leafs

should i order the kit or buy shocks other than the ones that come with the kit i was looking at the billy 5150's and it doesnt say which ones come with the kit. i'm also getting the flip kit and weld on shock mounts
Old 02-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

Name: Lonnie
lonzorizo's Tacoma Gallery
I'd assume they'd come with the 10" travel 5150's.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Subd for more info
Old 11-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #5
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
The shocks that come with the kit are 5125s, but you can upgrade to 5150s. Both are 10" iirc
I'm running the 5150s

All are valved the same, but the 5150 has a piggyback resi, to keep the shock cooler
they're the right length for the leafs, I've run the 5150s with aps shackles and those didn't bottom the shock out either
Old 11-22-2012, 11:52 PM   #6
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotcha88 View Post
Any opinions on what shocks to use with the expo pack??
You can use pretty much any shock as long as its long enough.

The higher end shocks allow custom valving if you want to make the shock handle the leafs sifferently; I'm fine with the stock valving of the bilsteins cause I don't do any high speed des stuff
Old 11-23-2012, 12:04 AM   #7
Gotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to behold

Gotcha88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
You can use pretty much any shock as long as its long enough.

The higher end shocks allow custom valving if you want to make the shock handle the leafs sifferently; I'm fine with the stock valving of the bilsteins cause I don't do any high speed des stuff
Good explanation. Thanks brother.