Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Stock height suspension question.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:38 AM   #1
98Woodrow is on a distinguished road
98Woodrow's Tacoma Gallery
Stock height suspension question.

I have been trying to follow some of the threads about suspension, but most people are looking for lift for offroad apps or to make the truck take a bigger wheel/tire. I do not want any of that.

I just want it to haul more weight when I need it to, without the rear bumper dragging the ground. Was wondering about whether something like this is what I need:
http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...on/1250t2.html

Anyone have any experience with these? And can you explain how they work? Afraid I do not understand this very well.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:40 AM   #2
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Look into the Firestone Air Bags. They are only around 80 dollars, you can fill them with air depending on the weight of your load.

A really great addition if you tow, you won't have to worry with your leafs sagging while towing again!
Old 02-12-2012, 04:43 AM   #3
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
Look into the Firestone Air Bags. They are only around 80 dollars, you can fill them with air depending on the weight of your load.

A really great addition if you tow, you won't have to worry with your leafs sagging while towing again!
X2 on the air bags. Although Virginia, where can you get them for $80? I have only seen them for around $200 or so.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:09 AM   #4
98Woodrow is on a distinguished road
98Woodrow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
X2 on the air bags. Although Virginia, where can you get them for $80? I have only seen them for around $200 or so.
The same site where I was looking at helper springs wanted like $289 for the firestone air bags.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:14 AM   #5
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Derp. Maybe they are more, though I swear I've seen them for 80 somewhere. It was just the bags with the hose to fill, no adjustable components to mount on the truck.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:47 AM   #6
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
Derp. Maybe they are more, though I swear I've seen them for 80 somewhere. It was just the bags with the hose to fill, no adjustable components to mount on the truck.
LOL, I was like where can I get this deal? Ya I can see if it was bags only.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #7
spidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to beholdspidy3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Dom
spidy3's Tacoma Gallery
following .... like to see what options are out there for this and pros and cons for them

ps. might get more views if headline was more descriptive towards hauling/towing, not sure if you can change or add tho