Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Glassworks on my 99?

Old 02-12-2012, 06:10 AM   #1
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Glassworks on my 99?

Money in hand, going to call GlassWorks in the morning and order.

Looking at the 4.5 fenders in gel black coating.

Should I do it?

Shop by Pope in my sig.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
Money in hand, going to call GlassWorks in the morning and order.

Looking at the 4.5 fenders in gel black coating.

Should I do it?

Shop by Pope in my sig.

If you are not planning on long travel then I'd go 3.5, but that just me. Read the other posts about glassworks and dont be suprised if it takes a bit to get them. Otherwise there quality is great and I like mine.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well, I did measurments and with my spacers they should fill the 4.5. I'm worried that if I spend 450 or 500 on 3.5 I'll want 4.5 and end up regretting my purchase.

For reference, my tire sticks over 3.5 inches from the fender. Which would leave about an inch left. I'm just not sure the size of the fenders without one in person for reference.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #4
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Well, I did measurments and with my spacers they should fill the 4.5. I'm worried that if I spend 450 or 500 on 3.5 I'll want 4.5 and end up regretting my purchase.

For reference, my tire sticks over 3.5 inches from the fender. Which would leave about an inch left. I'm just not sure the size of the fenders without one in person for reference.
Well Im planning on turning the heat on in the garage today, so if I can build up the motivation I will throw my 33x12.50 15's on 3" offset for a pic so you can get an idea.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post
Well Im planning on turning the heat on in the garage today, so if I can build up the motivation I will throw my 33x12.50 15's on 3" offset for a pic so you can get an idea.

Sounds good.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #6

265/70/17 on a 4.75 backspace 17x9

33x12.50 15 on a 3.0 backspace 15x8

side view

more pics of 17's in my build thread linked below.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #7
Whyareyoureadingthis?

That looks so good. So I get an idea of your front width, how far are the rear tires past the flare?
Old 02-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #8

Quote:

That looks so good. So I get an idea of your front width, how far are the rear tires past the flare?

Sorry man no pics of the 33's on the back, Im done out there for the day. When I have them on the back there was a full tread block outside the flare. you can see in the right side pic that the 17's.