Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Spray painting the Stock Rims Yes or No?

Old 02-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
I Am Batman!
Asta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to behold

Name: Daniel
Asta's Tacoma Gallery
Spray painting the Stock Rims Yes or No?

Im thinking about spray painting my stock rims until i get some new ones. I just want yalls opinion on whether or not it will look good. Also im thinking about plastic coating the badges Black. Whatcha think?
Old 02-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Go for it. Prep is key for it to look good and hold up well.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
Go home Nubbs, street lights are off!
pancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to behold
Name: Pancho
pancho's Tacoma Gallery
Do it. I did. And turned out well
Old 02-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
I Am Batman!
Asta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to beholdAsta is a splendid one to behold

Asta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancho View Post
Do it. I did. And turned out well
Pictures?
Old 02-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
mine painted flat black
Old 02-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #7
I Am Batman!

Asta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
mine painted flat black
Thats Nice Im doing mine thanks!
Old 02-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #8
Honey Badger takes what it wants
Jonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
Jonyd182's Tacoma Gallery
do it
Old 02-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #9
pancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to behold
pancho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta View Post
Pictures?
Ill post it up in a bit
Old 02-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #10
pancho's Tacoma Gallery

let me know if you want other pics of it
Old 02-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
I Am Batman!

Asta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancho View Post

let me know if you want other pics of it
That's good man looks nice I'm going to do mine soon hopefully thanks!
Old 02-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #14
Taco03 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Michael
Taco03's Tacoma Gallery
I say do it
Here is pictures of mine

Old 02-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #15
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Do it! Black rims look killer
Old 02-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #16
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
is that gun metal grey?

my plan for the truck is something like this

im thinking im going with a flat grey. did you clear coat the wheels to get them to shine like that?
Yes that it gun metal grey. Unfortunately, I bought them that way so im not sure on the prep. The are not normally shiny, that is just water, but it is the best picture I have at the moment.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #17
Ammendoza is on a distinguished road

Name: Anthony
Ammendoza's Tacoma Gallery
I just painted mine last weekend, the pictures kinda bad because it was dark outside when I finished but here's what they look like
Attached Thumbnails
Spray painting the Stock Rims Yes or No?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1329105398.077372.jpg  
Old 02-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #18
pancho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta View Post
That's good man looks nice I'm going to do mine soon hopefully thanks!
added a clear coat spray over it also. Gave it a little gloss/shine.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #19
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
For those of you who have painted their stock rims, did you do it with the tires on them or did you take them off to do it?