1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Getting new bed and need fender flares

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Graydon, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Feb 13, 2012 at 12:03 AM
    Graydon

Graydon [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Graydon
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma 4WD
    The right side of my 2004 Tacoma bed is damaged beyond repair and is going to cost 3k to fix the panel. I found a 2000 Tacoma that looks like its been in a head on collision, but the bed looks untouched. Only problems being it isn't white like mine and it doesn't have the fender flares. I found a set of 4 fender flares for $320 but I only need two flares. Any suggestions on where I can get two of these flares or any objections of why this may not work?

2. Feb 13, 2012 at 10:22 AM
    wesrunner

wesrunner Gang Gang

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    It's paid for.
    a buncha fuckin toyotas
    I have a set of flares from a first gen. They're white... You can maybe paint them? Try the BST.

3. Feb 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM
    Graydon

Graydon [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Graydon
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma 4WD
    I don't know, mine are black but I could maybe spray paint them but, it's not 100% my truck my parents bought it just for something I can drive and my dad is a perfectionist so do you think that if I spray painted them it would look very cheap? Or do you think that they could look like stock black? Oh, by the way my first post was wrong when I said I needed two flares I may only need one, only the right flare has any damage. If I can take the flare off of the left and put it on the left of the new bed I could just use that so I should only need the rear right flare.

4. Feb 13, 2012 at 12:21 PM
    wesrunner

wesrunner Gang Gang

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    It's paid for.
    a buncha fuckin toyotas
    Well, I'm not sure about matching the stock black color... But I'm sure it would look good if you prepped and painted them all with spray on bedliner. They'd be tough too! You could probably get away with just derp if you wanted to..

5. Feb 13, 2012 at 1:33 PM
    Killer

Killer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Al.
    Vehicle:
    98 4x4 TRD V6 3.4L SR5 XCab Gold with Tan Int
    19,000 Original Miles, Factory Alarm, Factory Tow Package, Low Profile UWS Black Tool Box, 20ft. of Dynamat Xtreme, Pioneer Double Din DVD 3200BT, IPod Holder, Q Form Kick Panels, 3 Pairs of MB Quart component speakers, JL Audio Stealthbox, Alpine PDX-5 amp, PIAA Foglights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Maxxis Big Horn Mud Tires 32 x 11.5 R x 15, Wet Okole Seat Cover for 60/40 Bench, 5100's Front & Rear, Wheeler's Single Leaf AAL, Warn 8,000 Winch, Warn Transformer Brush Guard, Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn
    I am not sure how the fender flares are on your truck. But on my 1998, I bought a set from bushwacker. Super easy to install and they look the same as OEM.

The OEM set is better built though. The OEM on my truck was made out of fiberglass and the bushwacker are plastic.

6. Feb 13, 2012 at 5:56 PM
    Graydon

Graydon [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Graydon
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma 4WD
    Mine are plastic blacks and all stock I bet if I put spray bedliner on all four it would blend right in with the rest though that's a great idea.

7. Feb 17, 2012 at 3:50 AM
    RacerP

RacerP Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4
    7th Injector kit, Trans Cooler, Donohoe c/o's, Billy's in the rear, FJ Cruiser Trail Team SE wheels.
    You are going to have to look for '98-'00 fender flares for that bed...

The later flares, like you have on the front aren't going to be a "bolt-in" deal...the later flares, '01-'04, use a square hole in the fender, and I don't believe anyone is making a square bit yet!

Keep an eye on the classified here, you will find a set ALOT cheaper than that. Another idea is Craigslist in your area or download CraigsPal, it's free and will search all of Craigslist across the country or within a certain distance of where you are. 2 flares aren't ridiculous to ship.

If you use CraigsPal, when doing a keyword search, use "..." quotes around it, and use "Tacoma flares" and also use "Tacoma parts", you will find more of what you are looking for.

8. Feb 22, 2012 at 10:33 AM
    Graydon

Graydon [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Graydon
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma 4WD
    Thanks RacerP I appreciate it. I might be waiting awhile anyway cause I don't know if I can afford it right now, so that gives me more time to look around.

Products Discussed in

To Top