Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Getting new bed and need fender flares

Old 02-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
Graydon is on a distinguished road
Name: Graydon
Graydon's Tacoma Gallery
Getting new bed and need fender flares

The right side of my 2004 Tacoma bed is damaged beyond repair and is going to cost 3k to fix the panel. I found a 2000 Tacoma that looks like its been in a head on collision, but the bed looks untouched. Only problems being it isn't white like mine and it doesn't have the fender flares. I found a set of 4 fender flares for $320 but I only need two flares. Any suggestions on where I can get two of these flares or any objections of why this may not work?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of flares from a first gen. They're white... You can maybe paint them? Try the BST.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
Graydon's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know, mine are black but I could maybe spray paint them but, it's not 100% my truck my parents bought it just for something I can drive and my dad is a perfectionist so do you think that if I spray painted them it would look very cheap? Or do you think that they could look like stock black? Oh, by the way my first post was wrong when I said I needed two flares I may only need one, only the right flare has any damage. If I can take the flare off of the left and put it on the left of the new bed I could just use that so I should only need the rear right flare.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I'm not sure about matching the stock black color... But I'm sure it would look good if you prepped and painted them all with spray on bedliner. They'd be tough too! You could probably get away with just derp if you wanted to..
Old 02-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
Killer is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Killer's Tacoma Gallery
I am not sure how the fender flares are on your truck. But on my 1998, I bought a set from bushwacker. Super easy to install and they look the same as OEM.

The OEM set is better built though. The OEM on my truck was made out of fiberglass and the bushwacker are plastic.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #6
Graydon's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are plastic blacks and all stock I bet if I put spray bedliner on all four it would blend right in with the rest though that's a great idea.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:50 AM   #7
RacerP will become famous soon enough
RacerP's Tacoma Gallery
You are going to have to look for '98-'00 fender flares for that bed...

The later flares, like you have on the front aren't going to be a "bolt-in" deal...the later flares, '01-'04, use a square hole in the fender, and I don't believe anyone is making a square bit yet!

Keep an eye on the classified here, you will find a set ALOT cheaper than that. Another idea is Craigslist in your area or download CraigsPal, it's free and will search all of Craigslist across the country or within a certain distance of where you are. 2 flares aren't ridiculous to ship.

If you use CraigsPal, when doing a keyword search, use "..." quotes around it, and use "Tacoma flares" and also use "Tacoma parts", you will find more of what you are looking for.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #8
Graydon's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks RacerP I appreciate it. I might be waiting awhile anyway cause I don't know if I can afford it right now, so that gives me more time to look around.