Notices

Bilstein 5100 question

Old 02-13-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
CrackaBruski is on a distinguished road
Name: Corey
CrackaBruski's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 question

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bilstein-RCD-...item4cfd49b747

if I was to go with this kit here would I just be using the stock OEM spring? what should I use to lift the rear? I have a 1 1/4" shackle now.

I need some advice on what to go with, thanks!
Old 02-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html
same shocks, better price and they are from a respected TW vendor...
for the front you can use the stock coils/springs and the rear would depend on how worn out your leaf springs are and if you are trying to keep the truck level or have a slight rake.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
jbrandt will become famous soon enough
jbrandt's Tacoma Gallery
As MTgirl said, use the same front springs/hardware.

For the rear, I got the 5100's, and also a 1" shackle. you should be fine with the 1 1/4". If you want a stock rear height, get the 5125 rear shocks. The guys at DSM will help you out with that. You still get the kit, it's just a different part # if you want the 5125's for the rear.

With my 1" rear shackle, and the 5100's set in the middle setting, it's almost perfectly level. ('04 double cab)
Old 02-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
CrackaBruski is on a distinguished road
Name: Corey
CrackaBruski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandt View Post
As MTgirl said, use the same front springs/hardware.

For the rear, I got the 5100's, and also a 1" shackle. you should be fine with the 1 1/4". If you want a stock rear height, get the 5125 rear shocks. The guys at DSM will help you out with that. You still get the kit, it's just a different part # if you want the 5125's for the rear.

With my 1" rear shackle, and the 5100's set in the middle setting, it's almost perfectly level. ('04 double cab)
Do you have any pics?
Old 02-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
my 03 with the eibach coils upfront paired with 5100's front and rear, and a 2" AAL in the rear.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #6
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...djustable.html
same shocks, better price and they are from a respected TW vendor...
for the front you can use the stock coils/springs and the rear would depend on how worn out your leaf springs are and if you are trying to keep the truck level or have a slight rake.
the ebay link in the OP is from downsouth motorsports; just their ebay store