LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rebuilding for a good cause

Old 02-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
Valdosta State University
Taco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Orrin
Taco GTR's Tacoma Gallery
Rebuilding for a good cause

Hey fellow 1st owners, i have found myself in a bit of a pickle. my motor recently started knocking. idk why? i dont drive it hard, i changed the oil regularly, i always maintained it as it should. i never put the cheap stuff in it. always used the good stuff. but it has decided to crap out on me. yet i don't want to get rid of it i wanna rebuild it. mostly because it is the only thing i have as transportation. and my dad is getting laid off this week, i dont have a job yet and i am also in college. so money is tight all the way around. i know money is tight for all but i started a fund so i can buy a used motor with low miles to replace mine. any kind of help would be appreciated $1 $5 anything. umm mods idk if this is legal or not. if it isnt you can lock it out i understand but i really need help. i dont know what else to do. thank you for your time and consideration. here is the link to the fund. http://goo.gl/3R3Xu
again thank you in advance for the help.-Taco GTR
Old 02-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
jbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the rough
jbrenn's Tacoma Gallery
car-parts.com shows 2.4l engines starting at about $600 with 42k miles.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
Taco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrenn View Post
car-parts.com shows 2.4l engines starting at about $600 with 42k miles.
thank you. i think i will probably be getting that. but i still need money. :/
Old 02-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Check your sparkplugs..just a thread on here about a 3.4 with a knock, turned out to be a loose sparkplug.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #5

its not the spark plugs. its a defiant engine knock
Old 02-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #6
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco GTR View Post
Hey fellow 1st owners, i have found myself in a bit of a pickle. my motor recently started knocking. idk why? i dont drive it hard, i changed the oil regularly, i always maintained it as it should. i never put the cheap stuff in it. always used the good stuff. but it has decided to crap out on me. yet i don't want to get rid of it i wanna rebuild it. mostly because it is the only thing i have as transportation. and my dad is getting laid off this week, i dont have a job yet and i am also in college. so money is tight all the way around. i know money is tight for all but i started a fund so i can buy a used motor with low miles to replace mine. any kind of help would be appreciated $1 $5 anything. umm mods idk if this is legal or not. if it isnt you can lock it out i understand but i really need help. i dont know what else to do. thank you for your time and consideration. here is the link to the fund. http://goo.gl/3R3Xu
again thank you in advance for the help.-Taco GTR
Its not illegal to ask for money, but I gotta say during my life theres been more than one time I've been in dire financial need & had to sell some possesions/toys to take care of the issue, don't you have something else of value that you can sell to help yourself & your cause ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
Check your sparkplugs..just a thread on here about a 3.4 with a knock, turned out to be a loose sparkplug.
Yeah well I saw/heard that video in that thread & I still say its a rod knock...
Old 02-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Its not illegal to ask for money, but I gotta say during my life theres been more than one time I've been in dire financial need & had to sell some possesions/toys to take care of the issue, don't you have something else of value that you can sell to help yourself & your cause ??
honestly no. i dont have anything i can sell. my truck is basic there is nothing i can sell thats in it. i dont own a game system or anything. cant sell my laptop cause i need it for school. there is nothing i can get rid of honestly because i use it everyday. i use my bike to get around campus and now i used it to get to campus.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #8
natemoore2088 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nate
natemoore2088's Tacoma Gallery
put on the red lights. . .