Notices

2002 tacoma...what kinda of tacoma?

Old 02-14-2012, 06:55 AM   #1
2002macdonald will become famous soon enough

Firefighter: truck commander
Name: Ryan
2002macdonald's Tacoma Gallery
2002 tacoma...what kinda of tacoma?

i have a 2002 4cyl with 2 wheel and 4 wheel high and low the previous owner had taking all of the stuff of the tailgate so idk if its an sr5 or what kind of Tacoma it is any help?
Old 02-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #2
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Any pics of said Taco? I would guess maybe it's an SR5 and welcome to TW!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #3

its a 2.7L if that helps and i will see about the pictures when i get home
Old 02-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #4
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Power windows/locks?
Cruise Control?
Steel rims or Alloys?
Old 02-14-2012, 09:05 AM   #5
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotrinaf View Post
Probably SR5 & TRD
Since it is a 4cyl, it is likely not TRD. Even if it was, it won't have a locker (barely any 3RZ TRD trucks had lockers) and the bilstein shocks should have been replaced long ago. Idk where you are getting that based on the information that OP has given us.

OP, you likely have either a 4cyl base model 4x4 or SR5 package. The latter is merely a trim package, and includes cruise/tachometer/fender flares/PW/PL, and a few other goodies I believe.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #6

yes it has power locks and windows and Cruise Control
im not sure about the wheels
Old 02-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLharry View Post
Since it is a 4cyl, it is likely not TRD. Even if it was, it won't have a locker (barely any 3RZ TRD trucks had lockers) and the bilstein shocks should have been replaced long ago. Idk where you are getting that based on the information that OP has given us.

OP, you likely have either a 4cyl base model 4x4 or SR5 package. The latter is merely a trim package, and includes cruise/tachometer/fender flares/PW/PL, and a few other goodies I believe.

I bought a 2.7L 4 cyl Prerunner that is both SR5 & TRD... Mine doesn't have the locker, but it does have the skid plates and stiffer suspension...
Old 02-15-2012, 01:30 AM   #8
lil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant future

Name: Jacen
lil J's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002macdonald View Post
yes it has power locks and windows and Cruise Control
im not sure about the wheels
SR5
Old 02-15-2012, 04:46 AM   #9
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Look underneath and see if you have any skid plates... If so, it's got the TRD package...
Old 02-15-2012, 07:07 AM   #10

i put a picture in my profile
Old 02-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #11

how do i get it on the side so every one can see it when i post something lol like over there<<<<<<<
Old 02-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #12

i worked it out .. now u can see it and make a better decision on what my truck is
Old 02-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #13
Focaljet.com <-- My CURRENT home
iDrew will become famous soon enough

Name: Andrew
iDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to iDrew
Quote:
Look underneath and see if you have any skid plates... If so, it's got the TRD package...
I have an 02 Prerunner, and I have the skid plates but mine isn't a TRD edition.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:47 AM   #14

Then either someone added the skid plates, or removed the TRD stickers... I could be wrong, but that seems to be the general conclusion.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #15
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Then either someone added the skid plates, or removed the TRD stickers... I could be wrong, but that seems to be the general conclusion.
Skids are on all the 4x4 and prerunner trucks I believe.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #16

So my truck is a sr5 Trd?
Old 02-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #17
Truck yeah!
Wild Card will become famous soon enough

EMS: Army Vet, now an EMT/Firefighter
Name: Doug
Wild Card's Tacoma Gallery
If your truck is a 2002, the TRD edition WILL have the locking rear differential, Whether it is a prerunner or 4x4. I don't recall you ever telling us if it's 4x4? Looks like an SR5. Probably not a TRD.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #18
lil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant futurelil J has a brilliant future

Name: Jacen
lil J's Tacoma Gallery
SR5
Old 02-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #19
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
You might find this stickied thread helpful for figuring out your model:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ers-guide.html

You can also decode your VIN for this model info. I don't have the link handy, but if you google "tacoma VIN," you should find it pretty quickly.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #20

i have a sr5 thank you for all your help tw