Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

question about mounting rear shocks

Old 02-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
question about mounting rear shocks

Hey. everyone i have a set of skyjacker nitros installed and i've been noticing that alot of people have theirs mounted cylenders down, the opposite mine are. Is either way better than the other or does it really matter???i kinda think its cooler if people can see your shock boots so i'm debating on flipping them around.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

C'mon guys I'm sure soomeone has to have an opinion on this!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Settle down, Beavis. This isn't google. It's real people.

Boots down so water and debris/sand don't accumlate and sit around the shaft and cause damage over time. Are their drain holes at the bottom of the boots?
Old 02-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
It really doesn't matter how you mount them.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #5
Dirty mall crawler

[QUOTE=scocar;4612920]Settle down, Beavis. This isn't google. It's real people.
Boots down so water and debris/sand don't accumlate and sit around the shaft and cause damage over time. Are their drain holes at the bottom of the boots?QUOTE]

i never thought about that factor. And there are no holes in the shock boots but ill make some for drainage. and I'm gonna flip those babies around this weekend, weather permitting of course. I've always wondered why guys run without shockboots. Thanks Butthead!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #6
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=YotaKid62;4613191]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Settle down, Beavis. This isn't google. It's real people.

Boots down so water and debris/sand don't accumlate and sit around the shaft and cause damage over time. Are their drain holes at the bottom of the boots?
i never thought about that factor. And there are no holes in the shock boots but ill make some for drainage. and I'm gonna flip those babies around this weekend, weather permitting of course. Thanks for the help! I've always wondered why guys run without shockboots.
The boots do protect the piston shafts from rocks. Bilstein also recommends boot down.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #7
hossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud of
hossmaster's Tacoma Gallery
Those look like Twin Tube shocks, and those should be body down
Old 02-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #9
Dirty mall crawler

Soo? Twin tube shocks are body down, but otherwise boots down? I did forget to mention they are twin tube shocks and hossmaster said body down for twin tuners. Correct? Dunno why twin tube shocks should be any different but i just wanna be 100% sure.