Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Ever had truck broken into?

Old 02-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
whitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

whitetaco01's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Ever had truck broken into?

Truck got broken into for the third time a few hours ago. My car is always locked, windows up.

1st time: Locked and in my driveway. Glovebox and door were open, nothing taken because there was nothing valuable.

2nd time: 4th of July weekend. Truck is parked a lot patrolled by park rangers, I'm lifeguarding at a beach. Get off work dead tired, iPhone and iPod gone. Probably someone I pulled out of a rip : /

3rd time: Tonight. In my driveway once again, nothing taken because I keep nothing valuable inside my truck anymore.

Considering getting a car alarm now. Are these trucks that easy to get into?
Old 02-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Any car is easy to get into...

So yes, get an alarm so at least novices will panic and run.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
whitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Any aftermarket alarm suggestions?
Old 02-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Compustar remote start system on mine. I haven't got the alarm installed yet, but my buddy has one on his truck and loves it. Vipers are good too. Just get one with shock/window sensors and a very loud siren. Oh and make sure they put a blinking blue LED on the dash. That alone seems to keep most honest people honest.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #5
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I've had stuff stolen out of the bed, nobodies ever broken in though.

I caught some kids who had broken into my Moms Sequoia when I was 18. They where shocked when I came running out the front door mad as hell with a baseball bat. Little bastards were lucky I didn't get a hold of them. Didn't steal shit, ignored the laptop, GPS, and DVDs in her car, only took a few bags of pretzels.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetaco01 View Post
Any aftermarket alarm suggestions?
Viper. Saves money on insurance too. Pays for itself essentially.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:05 PM   #7
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
I caught some kids who had broken into my Moms Sequoia when I was 18. They where shocked when I came running out the front door mad as hell with a baseball bat. Little bastards were lucky I didn't get a hold of them. Didn't steal shit, ignored the laptop, GPS, and DVDs in her car, only took a few bags of pretzels.
Gotta watch out for those pot heads. They'll getcha.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:15 AM   #8
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Buddy of mine just leaves his truck un locked so the thiefs won't break a window.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #9
01Yota is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
01Yota's Tacoma Gallery
These are the times someone gets to say hello to my .45 ha
Old 02-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Yota View Post
These are the times someone gets to say hello to my .45 ha
I'd like to do the same. In CA I'd be sued for emotional distress. Looks like I'll be looking into viper alarms
Old 02-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #11
01Yota is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
01Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Here in kentucky gotta do what you gotta do. Shoot first ask questions later ha