Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

'Hiccup' problem with K&N cold air intake! fixable?

Old 02-17-2012, 12:59 AM   #1
Soccerdallin is on a distinguished road

Name: Dallin
Soccerdallin's Tacoma Gallery
'Hiccup' problem with K&N cold air intake! fixable?

Hello!

I installed a K&N cold air FIPK and a TB spacer as well like a week ago. I love the noise and extra power I've gained and better MPG, but sometimes when I'm floorin' it, the engine seems to studder. This doesn't happen often luckily. I might just take it in to the shop.. love the products but don't like the occasional 'hiccups' I get when I'm accelerating fast. Kind of seems to counteract the point of buying it....right? haha

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
'Hiccup' problem with K&N cold air intake! fixable?-imag0651.jpg  
Old 02-17-2012, 01:28 AM   #2
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
maybe you are running too lean now?

with the intake and a throttle body, you get the increased air flow, but your injectors are still flowing at the same rate...

did you disconnect the battery when you installed the intake? i think the instructions tell you to... it resets your ECU and with the new air/fuel ratio, it will reset itself...

i had a similar issue when i first put my CAI and resetting the truck stopped the issues...
Old 02-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #3
Soccerdallin is on a distinguished road

Name: Dallin
Soccerdallin's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm..pretty sure I disconnected the battery while I installed everything, but maybe I'm wrong.
I'll disconnect the battery for a while and then connect it and hope it helps.
I've read that the MAS could have something to do with it, but I made sure that it's secure.

I'll try that out and hope it works.