changing to LED lightings

Old 02-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
They call me unko
makikid808 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kamaki
makikid808's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to makikid808
changing to LED lightings

was looking at some led lightings and was gonna get 4 of the bulbs from superbrightleds.com. 2 for the dome light and 2 for the door lights, but i wanted to change the lens of the door light so the cab is brighter. does anyone know where to get lens for the door lights?
Old 02-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by makikid808 View Post
was looking at some led lightings and was gonna get 4 of the bulbs from superbrightleds.com. 2 for the dome light and 2 for the door lights, but i wanted to change the lens of the door light so the cab is brighter. does anyone know where to get lens for the door lights?

You may need to add a resistor for the dome bulb... I tried putting one in mine tonight, it just flickered really fast and was really dim... Search the forum for the fix...
Old 02-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
You don't need a resistor for interior bulbs. If they're flickering, you may have bad contact or try turning the bulb around and see if that works.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:05 AM   #5
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by makikid808 View Post
Is that the ones from the super bright LEDs? How about the door lights did you have any luck with those?
No, the dashboard lights from superbrightleds.com work great, the dome light came from ebay, but the dome light is a different story and does require a resistor, look up the other thread on dome light led bulbs... I haven't changed the door lights yet...

You'll need 1 - 100 ohm 1 Watt resistor for each map light bulb and 1-2 for the dome light bulb. You can get them for $1.50/ea at Radio Shack.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #6
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotrinaf View Post
You may need to add a resistor for the dome bulb... I tried putting one in mine tonight, it just flickered really fast and was really dim..
This ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
You don't need a resistor for interior bulbs. If they're flickering, you may have bad contact or try turning the bulb around and see if that works.
Definitely not true. This is a well-documented 1st Gen problem/feature. See http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/154318-48smd-led-dome-lights-4.html#post3229746, http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...ml#post3360547, http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ml#post3943616, http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...ml#post3965269, and http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...rks-right.html.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #7

I added 2 - 100 ohm 1 Watt resistors to my dome light bulb and each map light bulb and they worked perfectly. Neither would come on with just 1 resistor on them!!!