Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cost to paint a camper shell?

Old 02-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
Cost to paint a camper shell?

Fellas, Looking to buy a ARE camper shell off CL that will fit my 04 dbl prerunner. And waiting for a black one to come along is proving difficult. The one I'm thinking about is red. Anyone have an idea how much it would cost to get that puppy painted to match my black? Anyone done this?

Trying to see if its worth dropping $400 - 500 on the shell then painting the damn thing.

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
JStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuy
JStradaXR's Tacoma Gallery
You should cf wrap it!
Old 02-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
I priced having mine painted. If I removed the windows, so he could sand it, he gave me an estimate of $350. The ARE windows remove easily. I would try to get the seller down on price.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
My local paint shop told me $500 - $600 to color match paint a fiberglass shell...
Old 02-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #6
boshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tony
boshak's Tacoma Gallery
i thought about doing the same thing but decided to wait until i found a color matched camper on CL. give a month or two and something should pop up.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #7
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLharry View Post
Um rattle can? Who cares it's just a camper shell...
Don't think I didn't think about it...but nah, think I'll save the rattles cans for my wife's car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotrinaf View Post
My local paint shop told me $500 - $600 to color match paint a fiberglass shell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boshak View Post
i thought about doing the same thing but decided to wait until i found a color matched camper on CL. give a month or two and something should pop up.
Ya know, good point. After waiting for as long as I have on a black one, I can see buying this one, getting it painted, and then some dude named Murphy sells one, in my color, for half the price two days later.

Guess I should wait. Thanks for the input guys
Old 02-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #8
ttran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
ttran's Tacoma Gallery
Bought mine for 140, bedlined it myself for 40 bucks. Not bad for 180.