Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Odd vibration.......

Old 02-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
dtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dtmccray's Tacoma Gallery
Odd vibration.......

Hey I have an 01 dc,trd,v6. At about 25 mph I'm getting a vibration it gets worse up to 30-33 mph then get progressively less as you increase speed with it being the worst at about 30 mph. It feels like its coming from the front more than anywhere else. I seems to shake the whole truck. At 30 its pretty bad once you hit 35-40 and up its not as bad but bad enough to be annoying. It doesnt matter if you are in 4wd or 2wd its about the same. Steering wheel doesnt shake. My first thought was hanger bearing, it had a more play than I thought it should so I replaced it....didnt help. Jacked the front end up wheels/bearings seem tight no play side to side or up and down. C/v shafts are tight a little play at the differential but that is normal isnt it? Possibly a out of balance tire but that should shake the wheel shouldnt it? Any Ideas? Maybe rotate the tires and see If that changes anything?
Old 02-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
dtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bought it 2 weeks ago everything is stock as best I can tell.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm, well yeah, I reckon that tire unbalance,or alignment could be an issue, ya just gotta start from most likely to least I guess.

As far as the carrier bearing goes, even Toyota doesn't have specs. as far as slop goes.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #5
toyotadan98 is on a distinguished road
toyotadan98's Tacoma Gallery
simular to my truck ,i replace the rear u-joints and it made the vibration even worse than before????my truck is a trd 4x4 all stock so i am confused as to what could be causing my vibration.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #6
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotadan98 View Post
simular to my truck ,i replace the rear u-joints and it made the vibration even worse than before????my truck is a trd 4x4 all stock so i am confused as to what could be causing my vibration.

Did you remember to mark your flange/bolt where it connects ? It's pretty important that the shaft bolts up to its original location....
Old 07-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #7

When I put my drive shaft back together it was one spline off,but the problem was one of my tires. I had them rotated and balanced. That only changed the speed that it vibrated at and made it worse. Doesnt really matter for me now as I have cut all the IFS crap out from under the truck and new tires/wheels are coming as well.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmccray View Post
When I put my drive shaft back together it was one spline off,but the problem was one of my tires. I had them rotated and balanced. That only changed the speed that it vibrated at and made it worse. Doesnt really matter for me now as I have cut all the IFS crap out from under the truck and new tires/wheels are coming as well.

Nice !! & emphasize the IFS CRAP!!

is right...