Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

CV Half Axle... Help!!!!

Old 02-18-2012, 06:24 AM   #1
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation CV Half Axle... Help!!!!

Hey all, I've been searching all over and I'm having a hell of a time figuring out what I need.
My front right cv boot is cracked and I'm just gonna pull and replace the half shaft. However, I can't figure out what I need exactly.

Specs. 2000, extr cab sr5, TRD o/r, 4x4, auto, 3.4 v6.

Any help would be great.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...dd-tacoma.html
Old 02-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks, i was at the store, and i didnt know if it was the circlip or nut end version.

Alrighty, here goes about 3 hours of swearing, anguish, and finger-abuse
Old 02-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post
Thanks, i was at the store, and i didnt know if it was the circlip or nut end version.

Alrighty, here goes about 3 hours of swearing, anguish, and finger-abuse

Its pretty straight forward, but if you can get a buddy for a couple mins. when its time to slide the new axle in you're almost guaranteed success not tearing that super soft inner seal on diff housing, it needs to go in real careful & real straight...

I've got the same truck as you pretty much , thats why I'll say this to ya bro' if you haven't serviced your trans. yet, don't wait too long, I'm pretty diligent about maint. but I didn't take too seriously the somewhat anal regimine that toyota specifies for trans flush & mine took a huge shit one day & its well into 4 figures to rebuild, just a heads up... good luck with the CV...
Old 02-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
Ace of Spades

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Tiger is a damn liar. It wasnt easy... at all.

He never mentioned the bottle jack needed for the UCA, the jack underneath to compress the LCA, a vehicle lift, sway bar removal to access the goddamn CV axle, ect.

Replacing a CV axle sucked a bag of dicks.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #6
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
sucks replacing it, but gain knowledges the next time around.