Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

used tacoma too cheap?

Old 02-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
carpdad is on a distinguished road
carpdad's Tacoma Gallery
used tacoma too cheap?

Hello. I am in NJ. 2 ads have 4 door 4x4, 2001 and 03, for around $3000, and the ads have photos. I think these prices are too good to be true.
Besides the rusting frame, MAF and ignition coil, what other problems can tacomas have? I am focusing on 1st gen, 2001-04, 4 doors. I will read over the sticky info on buyers. I also want to hear from actual users. Thank you.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
How many miles does the truck have?....
Old 02-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
These trucks are generally pretty bullet proof. The ads you are talking about are fake no doubt.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #4
carpdad is on a distinguished road
carpdad's Tacoma Gallery
Both are around 90K miles. I didn't even think about fake ads. Phantom ads, I think they're called.
There is another dealer ad, 2007, less than 50K 4x4 4 door, 4L 241 engine, and that's going for almost $20000. I am wondering why the difference. I'll answer one and see what happens. Thanks all.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Guaranteed you get this response (only "Tacoma" and not "Jeep")
Quote:
Please take a few moments and read my email carefully, I know it is
long, but I will explain all the details about the jeep and the
transaction.
At the moment I'm stationed at Madrid-Spain, making final preparations
before deploying to Afghanistan with the U.S. Convoy
The jeep is already at our Military Logistic Department form Fort
Belvoir, U.S. Army base near Bethesda, MD, crated and ready to go. The
Logistic Department will deliver the jeep to your home. The shipping
is free for you. Since the jeep is in a military base, with no access
you can not go there and take it, only the Logistic Department can
deliver it, because the jeep is in their custody.
Shipping may take anywhere between 2 to 4 business days depending on
the destination. All documents you need for ownership, manuals and
bill of sale will be provided along with the jeep.
For the payment I would like to use eBay as a third party. They will
keep your money into a protection account until you get the jeep and
will release it to me after inspection period is over and you agree to
keep the jeep. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see the
jeep before committing to buy and to eliminate any concerns you will
have 7 days to inspect the jeep . If you decide not to keep it eBay
will refund you the money, no questions asked, and shipping back will
be my concern. I think this is more than fair for both of us.

I'll start the official procedure, and eBay will contact you about
this. If you are interested in buying it just mail me back with:
- Your Full Name - Required by eBay (You'll receive important
guidelines instructions from them.)
- Your Shipping Address and Phone Number - Required by the Logistic
Department (They will call you with delivery/pickup instructions 1 day
ahead so you can communicate what time schedule work best for your to
receive the jeep)

Again I want to point out that because I am going to Afghanistan this
sale is my top priority and I am looking after a fast transaction,
with no delays. That is why I decided to lower the price, to avoid
wasting time with negotiations and find a buyer as soon as possible.

Thanks, hope to do business with you soon!
Old 02-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
^^I'v gotten a response like that before.. its a shame really

OP - definitely a scam dude beware. '01 DC's are awsome Tough to find a cheap one around here, or anywhere. I traveled 3hrs to get mine and still paid 10.5. good luck

I'v gotten a response like that before.. its a shame really
Old 02-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
every single ad like that is a scam. they will always have "authentic" looking pictures but those they just pulled from the internet or another ad. As far as these trucks go, if it is to good to be true, its not true. Use some common sense when buying cars. if its a 2001 4 door 4x4 in good condition do you REALLY think its going to be for sale for 3,000? no its 3 or 4 times that. check KBB and NADA and take into account that these trucks are in very high demand, so priced may even be higher depending on the area. if you have to ask if an ad like that is a scam i would suggest bringing someone along with you when buying a vehicle that knows something about buying used vehicles. not trying to be mean just saying it like it is.