Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What suspension setup do I have?

Old 02-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
yota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to all
Name: Nathan
yota14's Tacoma Gallery
What suspension setup do I have?

What suspension setp do I have. I am running 33 12.50's. The photobucket link has pictures of the suspension.

http://s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj584/yota14/

Old 02-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
the rear, you have blocks under those leaf's springs. plus your leaf springs are shot. the front, can't really tell. may need better pictures of the whole shocks from top to bottom. guessing from your truck that can fit 33's, you have body lift.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilove_taco_ma View Post
the rear, you have blocks under those leaf's springs. plus your leaf springs are shot. the front, can't really tell. may need better pictures of the whole shocks from top to bottom. guessing from your truck that can fit 33's, you have body lift.
X2 front struts look like stock ones
Old 02-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #5
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota14 View Post
What suspension setp do I have. I am running 33 12.50's. The photobucket link has pictures of the suspension.

http://s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj584/yota14/

haha thats old hunters truck.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i think its revtek
Old 02-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #7
yota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to allyota14 is a name known to all
yota14's Tacoma Gallery
Well I don't have a body lift and from what we can tell it is the skyjacker lift in the back. But it doesn't have a spacer on the front and it looks like the stock strut so it has to be a bigger spring but what kind is it?
Old 02-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #8
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Those are definitely stock struts...didn't know monroe made OEM struts for toyota...hmmm... and no spacers indeed...so they must be lift coils. Only way it could be lifted.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #9
yota14's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah i am with you on that. But the question is what kind of spring is that?
Old 02-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #10
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe OME...who else makes coils for our trucks other then OME and Eibach? Unless they are custom
Old 02-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #11
Some do, others talk

im gonna say OME coils, ranchero shocks and just a block. Galloways probably did the lift and no telling what they would use
Old 02-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #12
is one of the sharper tools in the shed
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
truckboattruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11TRD View Post
Please be mindful of how you post. A post title saying "Need Help" sets off a flag for forum members that your in trouble and stranded. Many people on here have been in a real need help situation and posted in an emergency to get help from forum members.
lolwut
Old 02-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #13
yota14's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't Procomp make a coil. Haha yeah when i got the truck only one speaker worked so i had to rewire all of em so theres no telling about the suspension.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #14
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Doesn't Procomp make a coil. Haha yeah when i got the truck only one speaker worked so i had to rewire all of em so theres no telling about the suspension.
i know pro comp has a coil but i have not seen one for your body style. I have pro comp coil on my 05 looks similar to your coil but idk
Old 02-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #15
yota14's Tacoma Gallery
Well considering it has 33 12.50s on it. It doesn't have a spacer or a body lift. its got the stock strut its got to be the coil. I think seeing as how th back is a skyjacker lift that the front is a skyjacker lift to. And also i am pretty sure that skyjacker uses Procomp Coils. But thats all I have come up with.

The truck rides so rough we are trying to put new suspension on it but Without knowing what is on there it is hard to replace or get an equivilent

Also do you know a Cameron h>?
Old 02-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #16
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like they trimmed the UCA!! \/

Old 02-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #17
yota14's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the UCA?
Old 02-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #18
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Whats the UCA?
Its the Upper Control Arm. In the first pic, its that U shaped arm that comes from the top of the coil to the tire
Old 02-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #19
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
Its the Upper Control Arm. In the first pic, its that U shaped arm that comes from the top of the coil to the tire
You tagged two pics of the rear end
Old 02-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #20
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You tagged two pics of the rear end
I tagged them using a comp and the first pic worked fine. But with my phone I only see the two rear end ones now