Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

double cab custom sub box pics

Old 02-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
ratboy85 is on a distinguished road

ratboy85's Tacoma Gallery
double cab custom sub box pics

i have searched and no luck.
im looking for pictures of people that have made custom boxes for the double cabs. im looking into making a rear seat center console type sub box for a jl 13w7. i posted here cause we all have first gens and figured i would get better responses here
any help is appreciated but looking for pics or box designs with cu ft.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:48 AM   #2
Adam Baum is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Adam Baum's Tacoma Gallery
13" sub? I know it is your truck, but why? Those are not air space friend subs at all.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
biggest sub you'll fit behind the back seat:http://caraudiofactory.com/2001-toyo...ner-p-386.html
Old 02-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Get a shallow JL W5. Sick sub.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #5

@ Adam - after ding some math and some measurements I actually think I will have enough room to produce 2 cu ft which is a good match for a sealed encloser for the 13w7

@ Phuket - I'm not looking to fit anything behind the seat as I'm looking for a lot more bass than I could ever produce out of 2 eights with minimal airspace. Supercrew sound does have a pretty slick box though. Now if I decide to Put anything behind the seats it's actually gonna go into the bed of the truck and be ported thru the rear wall of the cab, but I highly doubt I will go that direction because off all the other things you need as in a tonneau cover, loss of the small bed we already have ha. And I work mostly down dirt roads so it just would t work.

@ Isu- man the 13tw5 is a bad azz sub for only having 2.5" of mounting depth! But I don't think I would ever be ably to fit that behind my seat just too small back there. And since I'm building a box for the rear seat kinda like a center console for the rear seat ( I know hard to explAin and paint a picture for what it's gonna look like) I'm gonna go with a w7 cause I will be able to squeeze the airspace and get the sound out of it.

I'm just curious if anyone else has built this setup before, which I'm almost positive someone has I can't be the only one that wants a large amount of bass
Old 02-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #6

Phuket- that link you sent is pretty cool I've never seen a box for a 10! I wonder if when ordering that box could have them make the box wider as in the full width of the rear seat for more airspace? Run all the Amos under the front seats
Old 02-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
cadman33619 is on a distinguished road
cadman33619's Tacoma Gallery
i'm looking for something like that also.... something that will sit on the back seat in the center position (and can be anchored down somehow). kinda like a center console or arm rest that can be removed with little effort in case i need the seating. something with maybe two 8" subs mounted to the sides facing outward so that an amp can be mounted directly on top (since there is limited room in teh cab for an amp). i have no idea how the air movement/space thing works. guess i need to learn a little first. something that is all in one unit that can be removed when i need to. been thinking about this for a while. did a few sketches and dimensions but i've never built a sub box before.

please post if you find a solution. i'll keep looking into it as well.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #8
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I have been trying to sketch up a box similar to what you're looking for. It would double as an arm rest for the back seat. It would look something like this horrible design I'm attempting below....
____
/ __|
|_|

Sub would be on the angled portion, facing forward. Planning on a 10'' Pioneer Champion Series because they run in extremely small enclosures. I just need to find a way to anchor it down and find a spot for the amp, as I'd rather not have it mounted to the box itself.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #9
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratboy85 View Post
Phuket- that link you sent is pretty cool I've never seen a box for a 10! I wonder if when ordering that box could have them make the box wider as in the full width of the rear seat for more airspace? Run all the Amos under the front seats
i don't know about that but check this thread out, he did an armrest/sub box:http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...afternoon.html
Old 02-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #11
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
I have been trying to sketch up a box similar to what you're looking for. It would double as an arm rest for the back seat. It would look something like this horrible design I'm attempting below....
____
/ __|
|_|

Sub would be on the angled portion, facing forward. Planning on a 10'' Pioneer Champion Series because they run in extremely small enclosures. I just need to find a way to anchor it down and find a spot for the amp, as I'd rather not have it mounted to the box itself.
I'm working on something like this. It'll be a while before it gets finished and maybe even started but I'll be updating the thread as I go.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...-out-loud.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuket View Post
i don't know about that but check this thread out, he did an armrest/sub box:http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...afternoon.html
I was going to ling this also.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuket View Post
Phuket- that box is bad ass and that's the same design I had in my head only thing is mine is gonna end up more like a back seat dividing wall lol cause the size the box is gonna have to be for the w7 but it's gonna rip when it's done
Old 02-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #13
ttran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
ttran's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed to see how this turns out! I may be adding another sub to that box that Phuket linked to you soon
Old 02-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #14
codyadams is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
codyadams's Tacoma Gallery
I gave up my entire back seat for one Kicker l7 15. Best thing i ever did.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:01 AM   #15
04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all

Name: Matt
04trd's Tacoma Gallery
here is my set up, its two pioneer 7 inch shallow mount subs. Surprisingly for how small they are the give out some pretty good bass
Attached Thumbnails
double cab custom sub box pics-5.jpg  
Old 02-22-2012, 06:04 AM   #16
04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all

Name: Matt
04trd's Tacoma Gallery
also its right behing the back seats so you cant see them, it gives the whole truck a nice clean look with out having a huge sub sitting on the floor or back seat.