Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

First build any pointers

Old 02-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
Dtom is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: 2nd class machinery technician
Dtom's Tacoma Gallery
First build any pointers

Hey this is my first build I don't have and pic's yet but here's what I have.

1998 Tacoma 2.7l sr5
Total chaos uca
Fox 2.5 coil over
1 inch diff drop spacer
Level 8 guardian wheels 16x8.5 with -6 bs
Toyo open counrty mt 285/75r16

I've read alot of threads on here about problems encountered with lifting a taco and tire size ect. Now I've got my self second guessing what I've bought, any feed back positive/ negative would help.

Thanks
Old 02-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
The diff drop is meh.... They don't do anything really, silly design to get you to spend money.

As far as the front, looks good. But you have to lift the rear, AAL or a new leafpack will do, along with longer shocks.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
Dtom's Tacoma Gallery
I called total chaos and of course there gonna tell me I need the diff drop it but 35 bucks I might as well install it. The rear end I'm gonna get a deaver pack with some fox shocks in a couple weeks I might just roll with the bro lean for a month or so
Old 02-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Tell them to keep their money and buy yourself 2 cases of beer IMO
Old 02-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
Dtom's Tacoma Gallery
Haha! Yea no joke!
Old 02-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #6
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like a solid build OP
if you wheel hard, you'll have to do some trimming but otherwise the truck should look awesome
Old 02-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
So far so good. If you put like 1.5'' of preload on the front it doesn't batch the cv angles too badly to be concerned. Stay away from K&N hot stick intakes...learned that the hard way. When it comes time for engine upgrades get yourself a URD s/c, URD/LCE short shifter, LCE clutch, re gear, detroit locker, and you'll be set. Oh and a high clearance rear bumper.

edit: just realized you are a first gen. my bad.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #8
Dtom's Tacoma Gallery
That's deffinatly boosting the confidence. Thanks I'll post some pics when I get it all put together.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #9
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
oh and welcome to Tacoma World from Fort Irwin, CA
Old 02-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #10
Dtom's Tacoma Gallery
Also what's a good bumper front and rear? I like the relentless fab. Stuff but cant figure out how to order one? Plus I herd there real heavy
Old 02-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtom View Post
Also what's a good bumper front and rear? I like the relentless fab. Stuff but cant figure out how to order one? Plus I herd there real heavy
Relentless Fab: (541) 373-0000 A heavier bumper is great for the back. I'm not a fan of strapping tons of weight to the front end, even with a 4 cyl, but that's just me. What style bumper do you want for the front? Tube, or plate? All the fab vendors on here make stout products so you can't go wrong. All-pro offroad is having a 20% off sale till the 28th.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #12
Dtom's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking plate Cus I want a winch but tube probable has its advantages to.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #13

If you want to build an expedition style truck get a plate bumper. Your fox c/o's have a high enough spring rate to handle an arb w/ a winch. Tube bumpers are much lighter and can be adapted to handle a winch. Get with Brandon at Avid he can make you a tube bumper to receive a winch if he doesn't make one already.

For the rear don't be shy with weight. I'm in the market right now for a rear plate bumper and it is between ARB and Bruteforce. If you want a little more bite in the rear end those bumpers will help and you can combine that with a spare tire carrier to add even more.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #14
Dtom's Tacoma Gallery
I'll check those out I look at relentless fab. And I like the looks of there rear bumper plus it looks herky! I want the option of pulling out my buddy's or being pulled out.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtom View Post
I'll check those out I look at relentless fab. And I like the looks of there rear bumper plus it looks herky! I want the option of pulling out my buddy's so they can get smart and buy Tacoma's too.
Fixed
Old 02-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #16
Dtom's Tacoma Gallery
There cheap basterds! I'll just find some new Tacoma friends! Jk well thats why god made tacomas to Pull other rigs out and keep on going!