Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Electrical problem, plz help

Old 02-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Electrical problem, plz help

Hey all, I have a bizarre electrical problem.

I drove my truck to my girls house, and turned it off. When I tried to start it, it had all the lights on. I turned it to the starting position, and it went black. All lights and electrical systems shut off. Cabin lights, headlights, everything.

I tried again a couple hours later, and opened the engine fuse box and the cabin fuse box. No bad fuses there.

The battery cables are fine too.

However, after peeking inside the fuse boxes, I noticed the system came back on, and it started.

What the fuck... This is baffling.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Huzzah mystery solved.

Turns out, when firestone worked on changing all my fluids, they pulled the negative terminal clamp off, and did a piss poor job tightening it back on.

Last night, in 10* weather, using my iphones flashlight, it looked like it was tight on. Sure enough this morning, i went and wiggled it around and saw it had a gap.

I scrubbed, reapplied electric grease, and tightened it back on.

I feel retarded right now, it looked fine last night
Old 02-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I love finding solutions to problems like that. So much cheaper Glad you figured it out